lurker with a new project to share.

deepupinit

Greenie
Apr 6, 2012
Cannyonville, Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whats up everyone? last year after many years of sluicing and panning the wife and I bought a 3" HB dredge combo we enjoyed it and made decent gold but I had a freind who lent me his 4" while he took a trip to california and man I had to have one. So this winter I set out with the full intention of building and buying gear to make the 4" come alive, I would love to have a 6" for cow creek up here but I think for now I am going to stick with 4's so I can get away with just the DSL and 700. so it started out looking like this last year. Never mind the two porposes floating in the forground. and try to concentrate on the picture of the HB floating in the back ground!!!
dredging.jpg

So this year I went out and bought a sheet of aluminum and went to the hanger where I used to work to use the shear and brake and came up with this for my box!!
IMG_20120226_024928.jpg

also bent the riffles while I was there too.
IMG_20120226_025635.jpg

I then went to Les shwab and got 4" exhaust pipe and made a nozzle!!
nozzle.jpg

I had to do some modification to the float frame in order to accomodate the flair.
airtank3.jpg

built the top set of riffles.
riffle2.jpg

this is the bottom section of the box with deep V mat at the head of it just uner where the punch plate will classify.
sluiceboxfun1.jpg

here it is with the false floor in!!
sluiceboxfun5.jpg

and now with the top set of riffles in!!
sluiceboxfun8.jpg

I still need to mount the box so that it slides for and aft for angle adjustements and will up date as the project continues!!
Thanks for looking, George

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepupinit/George,
You do beautiful work? In the first picture is that your 3" or your buddies 4"? My mind just went blank when I glimpsed the first picture!

I would enjoy your updates and thank you for sharing.........63bkpk

OP
OP
D

deepupinit

Greenie
Apr 6, 2012
Cannyonville, Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you guys for the nice comment, I have a full build thread over on Oregon gold hunters, The first picture is my 3" highbanker dredge combo wraped with an excellent redneck camo job!!!! The previous owner had it in a place where he wanst supposed to be.....:skullflag: Thanks again guys and I will update as soon as I have more time to dedicate to it!! George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions