Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
p.gif

image.jpg

Under the tentative plan, the state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources would remove permanent structures like the front entrance office and the pool from Moon Lake Park.

some of you may be aware Black Diamonds Treasure Hunters Club Kingston PA,
has held there yearly club hunt at moon Lake up until the County stopped
financing the county park. & the place went to hell :(

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Many coins have been buried here,
no idea how many escaped the detectorists over the years

3.jpg

a Little personal research will say where.
I'll leave that to you :laughing7:

Luzerne County and the state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources have hammered out tentative terms for a controversial transfer of county-owned properties to the state, including Moon Lake Park and the Seven Tubs Nature Area.
According to the Luzerne County Recreational Facilities Advisory Board, the state wants Missing Link because it bisects two parcels the department owns, connecting to Moon Lake, and will allow DCNR to move forward with plans to build a trail network from the Susquehanna River to Moon Lake.
“They’re driven more by a desire to obtain the Missing Link than to do something for us with respect to the Tubs and Moon Lake Park,” Lawton said. “That Missing Link parcel is the leverage that the county has in these discussions.”
Among the proposed terms are that all parcels will remain public recreational facilities and that Luzerne County will forever retain all mineral rights to the properties, Lawton said.

Read More: County discusses Moon Lake Park plan - News - Citizens' Voice

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since it probably was from a seeded hunt, I can say my avatar was found at Moon Lake. I found my very first silver coin there also on the same day. Finds are very minimal nowadays.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread