vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
I noticed this is your very first post. So, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
I also noticed you asked about Virigina. So, you might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Bobbyw

Bobbyw

Mar 10, 2013
Forest VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT/ Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check it out.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BobbyW,
I've been in Lynchburg VA a few times as I used to live in Blacksburg. Swung my XLT in that area a few times but did not see anyone else doing it but there's gotta be somebody else there by now. Also, welcome to Tnet and the best of success with your detecting the old south, gotta be a battle site or two in that area.........................63bkpkr

Also, learn about the old swimming holes along the creeks and rivers, should be a few good finds there.

OP
OP
Bobbyw

Bobbyw

Mar 10, 2013
Forest VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT/ Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 63bkpkr. I've been swinging my MXT not far from Fort Early in Lynchburg. So far I've found some cool relics from the civil war with my best find being a confederate Georgia state coat button. I've also managed to dig up some nice silver coins. I'm hoping to get permission to hunt more lawns in the same neighborhood. I also have a buddy that says he will take me out to his families property in Bedford county. He has done alot of research on the history of the property. It turns out in the 1800s there was a hotel on the property along with three home sites. I will be a digging fool!!!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks 63bkpkr. I've been swinging my MXT not far from Fort Early in Lynchburg. So far I've found some cool relics from the civil war with my best find being a confederate Georgia state coat button. I've also managed to dig up some nice silver coins. I'm hoping to get permission to hunt more lawns in the same neighborhood. I also have a buddy that says he will take me out to his families property in Bedford county. He has done alot of research on the history of the property. It turns out in the 1800s there was a hotel on the property along with three home sites. I will be a digging fool!!!

"Google" Battle of Lynchburg, Va. "Retreat" from Lynchburg, Va. went along the GREAT WESTERN ROAD (roughly Rt. 460 WEST) towards Roanoke, Va., and Rt. 43 NORTH of Bedford, Va. past Peaks of Otter... Mons, Va. was "up there" with a WONDERFUL Hotel, and several homes, "back in the day"... Sharp Top & Flat Top Mountains are up there... AND! MANY ORE Mines in Roanoke County on WEST Side of Blue Ridge Parkway. BRP is ALL Fed-Land. "Rumors" of Silver Mines... Beale Treasure... ENJOY! HH! Good Luck!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread