DSC04473 (4).JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 345

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
for some reason i cant open pg 5

edit
ok so now it opens

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Apologies for bringing this back to the top.

But I saw this picture and it reminded me of this post. The person lynched has been erased from the photo, along with the rope by the artist Ken Gonzales-Day around 2006.

The original photo is purported to have been taken in California, and is of a Mexican bandit (?) that was hung. I've yet to find a copy of the unaltered photo.

Of note is the US Army soldiers and uniforms, similar to the picture that started the original post back in 2020.

20121205-lens-gonzalesday-slide-ZB6U-superJumbo.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally believe that Capital Punishment works. For those that disagree, I would ask since Ted Bundy's execution, how many young girls or young ladies has he brutally raped, murdered, tortured, or beheaded? Plus the burden doesn't fall upon the taxpayers to keep these monsters alive in our prisons for years on end. If someone is sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, they may live to be 80 years old in prison. Someone is footing the bill to keep them alive all this time. Guess who that someone is......That's right. JMHO
I personally dont endorse state sponsored murder, but Im not here to debate that. I just thought you should know that a carried out death sentence costs the state significantly more than housing someone for life. The never ending appeals process and lawyers cost wayyyyy more than a lifetime prison sentence. Most defendants who are sentenced to death essentially end up spending life in prison, but at a highly inflated cost because the death penalty was involved in the process.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please leave politics out of the posts.

Upvote 0

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know PEOPLE NEED to BE AFRAID of the punishment for the CRIMES they commit. RIGHT NOW they are NOT afrAID of there punishment !!1 I feel if there not afraid they will continue there crimes !!1. I want CRIME to STOP not slow DOWN !!!

Upvote 3

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang me, dang me
They oughta take a rope and hang me
High from the highest tree
Woman, would you weep for me?
I like the song better than those pictures. Not sure what they are doing on this site.

Upvote 0

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would rather be shot if I had to choose.......
A lot of people asked to be shot but were denied !! and hung .

Upvote 1

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
While I have the historical experts on a roll. What would you think was going on here? Mexican American War of a soldier or? Just some thoughts thats all ?
Odd pics.

Why a midget for an anchorman while others watch while holding rifles instead of helping...
Why a telegraph pole along a railroad...
Less work to just remand the subject to a law authority. Or shoot him.
Being shot can be worse than being hung! Depends on where you're hit and it's effect...

I suspect it is a shenanigan type staged event.
Guy ate the last biscuit or something.

Upvote 0

Garrett350@NC

Apr 18, 2023
WIlson, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
While I have the historical experts on a roll. What would you think was going on here? Mexican American War of a soldier or? Just some thoughts thats all ?
I guess if you have an appreciation for history you should have an appreciation for the dark side of it as well. I will see what I can find. How did you come about these images and had there been any information provided along with these images?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread