wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What John said.
I grew up in Riverside, CA and many of those spent bullets were mine.
Panned the area some back then, found some flakes but nothing to write home about. Maybe the Deus will find it.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have done some sluicing in there and found mostly fines(along with coyote's bullets and shell casings) In addition to working the creek be attentive to where you begin to see lots of quarts float bleeding down into the drainage or what appear to be crusted auriferrous gravels over-head and swing up into those areas. Way less trash and you might even get lucky and score a specimen.....Good Luck

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've also sluiced D/W'd and dredged Lytle Creek and actually did OK, but to Metal detect ,I think you'd have to be a glutton for punishment.

RussCA

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2015
High Desert, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure about Lytle creek but if you go father up the 15 into cajon pass I have heard of people finding gold down by the old route 66. I actually found a small flake in a piece of quartz right in the side of the road once

nate s

Oct 22, 2013
ca
Detector(s) used
Whites,Le trap,Gold Hogg sluice,bed rock tools
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Texas cut Hydraulic mine at the bottom of the canyon has good bedrock in some areas.They claim to have found a lot of gold there.I dont know if its private property or not,maybe somebody knows.I know there is fine gold in the tailings.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy I know has a claim near middle fork area, even HE doesn't work it much anymore. Detecting there really sucks with all the lead bullets!

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure about Lytle creek but if you go father up the 15 into cajon pass I have heard of people finding gold down by the old route 66. I actually found a small flake in a piece of quartz right in the side of the road once

Russ is correct, the area is known as Blue Cut, and is right up against the train tracks along a bend off old rt66. I as well as others have found gold flakes there. The stream is fed by several tributaries from both sides of the 15fwy.

As for Lytle, forget about it. I've been up too many times and skunked every time, even way back to the end of the dirt road on the GPAA's old claim. The overburden is said to be 50-100' deep, so unless you're planning on doing a gold show for A&E with major equipment you're probably not gonna find much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread