M6 IS JUST A NEW MXT

T

tallpaul

Right research has been done,, here,, and the M6 is a Mxt that is just easier to switch on and go,, under no circumstances does the M6 win over a minelab x terra 50,, the MXT couldent come close to the terra 50,, so bear this in mind before anyone rushes out to buy, you will be dissapointed,, ive said it before and i'll say it again minelab lead in the detecting world, they got it right with the terra,, the tecknology is far ahead,, iam not saying whites are a bad machine as they are a good make and well recognised even i have one,, they need to go alot further now to catch up,, i said the m6 was just a money spinner as a face lift to another machine and i was right,, hope no bad feelings caused,, just stateing what is,,, as there are some out there who dont get to know the nitty as well,, before they buy,,, any MXT owners who happen to buy a m6 will find out its just easier to switch on and go and thats basically it,,,.... HH all paul..

Willy

I can agree with your assessment of the Matrix; essentially a disappointment. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on it. As for the MXT vs. the Xterra 50 ..that's a different story altogether. From a coinshooters point of view I'll agree, Whites really fell back into it. From a relic hunting &, especially, a gold prospecting point of view it might very well be a different story. I'll say, right off the bat, that it probably won't match the MXT for prospecting, especially in extremely harsh & changeable ground. At best it would probably be relegated to the position of backup/emergency nuggetshooter. Relic hunting.. I dunno; depends on a person's preferences. One area where the Xterra's are definitely superior is weight. I don't know why Whites is so determined to hang on to the (heavy) underarm pod design. Maybe the decision makers are getting a bit senile. Personally, I'd like to see the Matrix go down in flames; it would be a wake-up call and maybe spur some innovation at Whites. ...Willy.

OP
OP
T

tallpaul

i agree willy a wake up call is whats needed,,, as for the terra and mxt,, the terra is certainly better at coinshooting and far superior at the beach in dry and wet sand, we've tested this here in england,, also dont forget the new coil for the 18.75 for the terra makes it even better,, whites really do need to do away with the under arm box, and head out into new dimentions with better teck and the likes,, hell they've been going long enough to know this, and thats is what makes me say its just a money thing now with whites shadowing the previous models,, o well iam happy with what i use it gets me the goodies,,.. ;D

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
? ? ?As a satisfied owner of a Whites MXT these three posts intrigued me. So I went to minelabowners.com and did a quick search for x-terra 50. Anyone else interested should do the same. Seems that not everyone agrees with tallpaul's stellar accounts. Some have been finding nice targets and some have not. But being such a new detector I think it's only fair to give it some time before an honest evaluation can be reached. Same goes for the M6. I'll give it time for both of these detectors to be used by a lot of average Joes before I make up my mind.? I personally don't trust field tests done by dealers, advertisers, or any body else that has a dog in the fight.?
? ? ?I do think that statements like " the MXT couldn't come close to the Terra 50" is just a bit premature.
? ? ?I personally have not owned many different makes of detectors in my twenty years of detecting but from talking with others and running into other detectorists in the parks, schools etc.? I believe that any of the "brand name" detectors in the same price range are pretty similar in how they perform. Some are better in some applications and others are better in different applications. Some detectors can handle highly mineralized soil better than others. Some are more versatile because of the number of different coils available. Some are better nugget shooters and some have more accurate VID. Etc. etc.
? ? ?It's all very subjective due to what features one person decides is more important to their type of detecting. Of course all of this is just one mans opinion.? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread