M6 on salt wet sand?

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
I'm thinking of getting a new M6. I will be hunting for gold coins and jewelry on Massachusetts salt-water beaches. I don't go into the surf, but I do like to hunt on the wet ocean beach sand, especially at low tide, as I think this is an excellent area to find goodies.
According to White's website, The M6 works great on all types of ground, and it has a special salt-water setting. I think the M6 was designed to handle high mineralization. I know the M6 is not as powerful as a pulse machine on wet salt sand, but I don't want a pulse machine. I read a post that said the M6 does not work well on a wet salt-water beach. Does the M6 work OK on a wet salt-water beach?
I can answer my own question now that I have an M6: The M6 with the stock coil gets poor depth in wet saltwater sand.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Massbaycolonist said:
I'm thinking of getting a new M6. I will be hunting for gold coins and jewelry on Massachusetts salt-water beaches. I don't go into the surf, but I do like to hunt on the wet ocean beach sand, especially at low tide, as I think this is an excellent area to find goodies.
According to White's website, The M6 works great on all types of ground, and it has a special salt-water setting. I think the M6 was designed to handle high mineralization. I know the M6 is not as powerful as a pulse machine on wet salt sand, but I don't want a pulse machine. I read a post that said the M6 does not work well on a wet salt-water beach. Does the M6 work OK on a wet salt-water beach?

The M6 has a beach ground balance setting and works great on the salt water beach.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a m6 it works great in dry sand and in wet sand ( i change the discrimination on wet sand) I dont take my m6 into the water thou... otherwise I love it.

OP
OP
Massbaycolonist

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Dimeman said:
Massbaycolonist said:

The M6 has a beach ground balance setting and works great on the salt water beach.
Thank you, dimeman. I thought so, but I just wanted to check to make sure. ps: Very nice dime there! :)
bootybay said:
I have a m6 it works great in dry sand and in wet sand ( i change the discrimination on wet sand) I dont take my m6 into the water thou... otherwise I love it.
Thank you Bootybay. Yes, I would imagine you would want to re-ground, also, when going on salt sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread