M6 or DFX good for relic hunting ?

pvtcook

Sep 2, 2011
Corinth,Ms
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Whites MXT, Fisher F75 ltd,XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guys I bought a M6 and a DFX from a friend of mine. I wanted to try something beside my F75 ltd. that I'm struggling to like. I relic hunt only. Are these good machines for relics? I'm planning on selling one of them. Wanted to hear from you whites guys if I should keep one of these to hunt relics or sell one and trade the other for say a MXT or maybe a Minelab thanks.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had the DFX and sold it and got the MXT PRO. Now there is nothing wrong with the DFX and I did find a lot of relics but I love the PRO a little better. I live in east Tennessee and mainly only hunt relics as well. I also go to Virginia and hunt the DIV hunts which is in pretty hot soil. My MXT did ok there but I noticed a lot of people using the White's TDI and Minelab GPX because they can get thru the hot ground that I was having difficult with. So I bought the TDI as well and made the best move ever. I went back and hunted a field I covered pretty good with my MXT and with the TDI I was digging bullets 18" deep with nice loud tones. My buddy had a F75 and couldn't even get a whisper of a signal. He came home and bought a TDI. The TDI is a brass magnet because all brass targets are high tones and all iron are low tones. Bullets have a tone all of their own. I still have my MXT PRO but have only turned it on twice in the past year. My TDI is my main relic machine. You can get good used TDI's from $500 to $700 and worth every penny. Just my imput.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The M6 is the MXT without the prospecting mode and with silent threshold. On relics It should do pretty much the same as the MXT. The DFX has more tweaks and several frequency choices which should give it the edge IF PROPERLY tweaked. However, if one customizes the settings without knowing what they're doing, it can be tuned to give poor results.
luvsdux

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would keep the DFX, I've never had one but I think they have a relic mode. I really like my MXT for relics but it's more of a backup machine cause I now have a V3i which is really good for relics too. I've always wanted to try the MXT Pro because of the tone I.D. but I see no reason to get one considering I already have the MXT.

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a DFX an it is great I use to use the coin mode an that makes a lot of noise but I found relic mode an haven't go to any other more sense it awesome points everything out you'll leave nothing in the ground especially once you modify it to your surroundings unstoppable good luck

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's wrong with the F75? What don't you like about it?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've had the MXT and its a good machine. Gave it to my daughter in laws dad to get him into the hobby. I now have a M6, Fisher 75 limited and the AT Pro. Its all In what you get use to and ground mineralization and settings. I prefer my 75 over the MXT I had. I even prefer the ATP over the MXT. Again, its in the settings and a good Ground balance. You can loose a lot not balanced properly. Just my thoughts guys and gals.

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
I swear by the M6. Mine las landed me alI kinds of relics while coin and jewelry hunting! I also just bought an MXT Pro and really like it, but wish that they had put more thought into the coil they used. The 12" is deep and covers ground, but honestly the 950 in my opinion is more stable and accurate.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread