machine maintence

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my bank is starting to charge me 5 bucks for machine maintence(per 500 bucks)(i could spend the 1/2 hour or so driving around exchanging 100 bucks here and there at 5 different banks but thats a pain in the a**)i might open a few accounts with banks right on the way home so it dosen't take me too far out of the way.I THINK THERE'RE ON TO ME

Upvote 0

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Wow that stinks.. but it hit close to home , so I have to tell this story LOL.

Shortly after starting roll hunting halves, the tellers kept telling me I could just
dump them into the coin machine, and didnt have to rewrap them all to bring them in.

So I did that. First time, machine didnt count right, something rattling around broken.
Second time, it got jammed or something. 3rd time, my wife returned them, and the machine
broke, and she spent an hour in there, as they retrieved them all and hand counted and rolled.

Ever since.... I return them rolled in the box :) They still dump them into the machine for counting
and shipping them out, so I just let them break it, instead of me. I kid you not - Ive seen the
machine repair guy there 10 times or more already, and a couple other times, the machine is torn apart,
out of order signs etc LOL.

The last instance, the teller lady was saying goodbye to the repair man, and she said something like "job security".. and he laughed and said "Yep".

Half dollars must just destroy the mechanisms in there hehe. Thats alot of weight, 1000 halves spinning
around on those metal counter tabs .

Anyway, thought that related to the maintainance thing. I truley do believe they probably are racking up
repair bills LOL.

Good luck !

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Yep I feel ya Bomber. My banks already smoked me. Hope you can keep on collecting, even if its a small pain. Atleast hopefully you can still turn in halves for free minus gas that is.

Postalrevnant

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
One of our local credit unions hand counts all their halves. It's not because the machines break down, but because people have been slipping Chucky Cheese tokens in and the machine counts them as halves. :D

98 gt

Oct 5, 2006
well look on the bright side bomber,
its only 1% it could be much worse.

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found a bank,(not 2 far out of the way)bought'em about 2000 in halves this week alone and there're still all smiles,tomorrow i'm stopping by with bagels for the tellers just to keep them happy,i was there the other day with my halves and the machine jammed(CRAP! i thought here it comes)the teller hands me a diamond earring and asks if its mine.i say it must be my wives(she was going thru her jewery when i was going thru the 1/2s)it wasn't.did anybody else ever find anything in the machines?she told me they find all sorts of stuff jamming the machines

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
The bank I buy from also charges me $5 per $1000 worth for an ordering or shipping fee, something like that. I don't mind paying it though. My CU wont even order them for me, they say it's to much hassle and work for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread