Machine wrapped: Paper or plastic??

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also which do you think produces more? Paper wrapped machine rolls or plastic wrapped machine rolls?

In my area, all I get is the plastic machine wrapped BRINKS coin rolls, but I enjoy opening my paper machine wrapped half dollar rolls for a suprise...

Please vote and post your opinion on machine wrapped paper or plastic rolls.

Silver--- which produces more from personal experiance? Plastic or paper machine wrapped rolls?

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
BuffaloBoy said:
Also which do you think produces more? Paper wrapped machine rolls or plastic wrapped machine rolls?

In my area, all I get is the plastic machine wrapped BRINKS coin rolls, but I enjoy opening my paper machine wrapped half dollar rolls for a suprise...

Please vote and post your opinion on machine wrapped paper or plastic rolls.

Silver--- which produces more from personal experiance? Plastic or paper machine wrapped rolls?

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

I prefer customer wrapped rolls, but when it comes to boxes I prefer the other coin service rolls rather than the Brinks.

As for silver, Brinks rolls may be easy to edge-search, but I find that they short rolls in their boxes more often than Loomis or Garda. One short dime here and there is one thing, but when Brinks shorts a roll it's often really short. I do find more silver in customer and bank wrapped rolls.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea my last 2 brinks dime boxes were shorted exactally 2.70 each but got a silver from each

byrne3

Mar 4, 2011
I have never done the pennies in plastic. I have always gotten paper wrapped.

I usually do paper wrapped nickel rolls, but I recently got 2 boxes of brinks nickels. Out of $200, 2 of the rolls had 39 coins, and 1 roll had 38 nickels and 2 pennies. A total shortage of $.18, not too bad because one of the boxes had 3 war nickels.

I've only gotten 1 box of brink dimes and it was a skunk. Not sure if it was short or not. I just rim checked and dumped the full box to a teller (no coin machine). My dump bank just took my word that it was $250. The paper wrappers give me much better results. I average between 1 and 3 dimes per box. One of my last boxes had 2 dimes extras, just sitting there loose in the box. Not sure how they got there, but all of the rolls were intact and undamaged.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wish my area had paper rolls, but plastic rolls are fine ;D

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I didn't vote because they're the same to me whether NF String or plastic wraps. Customer rolls might be better but as far as NF string or plastic, it's all the same.. some of my best coins have come from plastic wraps.

If only halves were in plastic wraps.. wow.. that would be cool. It would make my life 10 times easier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread