Made another hunt with my daughter at an old home site.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We went to this old home site I found on a Topo map of the area. Have made a few good finds there lately. This is the first find my Daughter has made with her new ace 250. She's got the fever now.. The Roughe box top, and the 1942- S silver nickle she found. I'm proud she finally made a good find. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• Bice 1.jpg
    Bice 1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 699
  • Bice 2.jpg
    Bice 2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 713
  • Bice 2b.jpg
    Bice 2b.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 710
  • Bice 3.jpg
    Bice 3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 704
  • Bice 4.jpg
    Bice 4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 704
  • Bice 5.jpg
    Bice 5.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 697
  • Bice 6.jpg
    Bice 6.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 710
  • Bice 7.jpg
    Bice 7.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 689
  • Bice 8.jpg
    Bice 8.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 700
Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great that you and your daughter go detecting together. That is special!

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have two daughters that love hunting. The third one will go once in a while, but doesn't have the time. It means a lot to me to share some time with them.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
It's cool your daughters dig with you. Mine dug with me until she was about 13 then she kind of lost interest. You can never spend to much time with your kids though. :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice way to hunt a day!!! cool finds :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds :icon_thumleft: i only found 1 war nickle so far ,i have a 27 year old daughter who cant wait to help me scoop at the beach hhmm ? i think shes into rings and necklace finds :laughing7:
Good hunt Dd60

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My two daughters are 37, and 40. They like any kind of hunting we do. I can see where yours would like the rings, and things. We don't go to the beach very ofter, but we might just have to start. My oldest lives in Waco, and to closest thing to a beach up there is on the lake where they swim. My youngest is 34, and she doesn't do very much detecting. Thanks for all the comments, and Happy Hunting to all...

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That musketball tells me you were on a homesite that went back pretty far before 1900, eh?

I wish my daughter was interested in going out with me, but she lacks the attention span for hours of detecting. I have managed to get her interested in hunting fossil shark teeth with me, though. She had some beginner's luck at that, since her first tooth ever was a four-inch megalodon.

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
lordmarcovan said:
She had some beginner's luck at that, since her first tooth ever was a four-inch megalodon.

umm... YA THINK?
:laughing7:
lol....

That's pretty sweet, people look their whole lives and never make a find like that.

:icon_thumright:
I told her that! It took me years to find my first one! Now she is spoiled. She hasn't even found any of the typical teeny-tiny teeth- I have to point those out to her. Getting a Meg the first time out dulled her senses, apparently. LOL

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Tell your daughter congrats on the rouge box. It's a whole lot better than my first find. ;D
Dman

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congradulations 4-H on your, and the wifes new addition. Just wait until you get grandkids. I have five now, and love it. I bought my nine year old an ace 150 for his last birthday. It was to long for him so I bought a new end piece for it, and cut it off to fit him. I'm saving the other one for when he grows up a little then I'll change it back out. My girls started off hunting bottles with me, and then went to detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread