mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
It's time to buy back America...literally. Some of the best companies left in America are employee owned. Owned by workers that take stock in their company and stock in buying American products. I'm a label reader and "Made in China" does NOT fly off the shelf when I'm shopping.
I'm not being self righteous, just putting Americans to work over the Chinese.

Companies that out source their products overseas can go live in those countries as far as I'm concerned. Our technology is not dead, just sold out from under our noses.

A big chain store in our town(you know which one) sells "Made in China" product and they don't get my business. I can't even find foot wear(work boots) that's made in America anymore. Go figure.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Seamuss... look into HH (double H) boots. www.onlinebootstore.com/Merchant2/m...Code=DH-2522&Category_Code=HH9&Store_Code=obs The ranch wellingtons I wear are made in the USA. I had to hunt several shoe stores to finally find something made here. The other expensive brand name work boots used to last me 6 months to a year, the HH boots last me 2 to 3 years.

Also, you mentioned our technology being sold out from under our noses. That is something else that is giving power over us to china. Every good idea we have, every bit of know-how and highly developed knowledge is placed in their hands. We work hard to come up with the ideas, and then we just let them have it so they can make it for us. So, they don't have to work hard at developing anything... the world gives them all the technology they could ask for. 3 years to develop a certain logic circuit, then "boom"...china has the technology instantly because we just showed them how to make it so we could have it made cheaply. We have our technology, but china has the world's technology. America doesn't belong in second place.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Man, I've avoided putting my two cents worth in here for as long as I can stand...........

I can probably cite a hundred reasons to AVOID buying M.I.C., but nobody here needs me to convince them.

Bottom line: the ONLY thing MIC is good for is the quarterly earnings statements for shareholders of the companies that have their stuff manufactured over there. The Chinese manufacturers are violating EVERY form of protection we worked so long and hard to get for ourselves (worker, environmental, and consumer). Those violations, plus govt subsidies give them the "advantage" over manufacturers here when it comes to profitability. We need to stop rewarding the Chinese manufacturers and Wall Street by demanding Made In Usa products (or, at least Made in _________ - anyplace with standards comparable to ours), and making it clear to business owners that we are taking our business elsewhere.

Bottom line, most everything you want to buy CAN still be found with a Made In USA tag on it - you might just have to search a bit. There are a number of websites out there that list US manufacturers by product (madeinusa.com for one) or that sell Made In USA products exclusively. In some cases, you WILL pay more for the product, but in many cases they are just as inexpensive as the M.I.C. garbage.

Diggem'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread