monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I carried a load of fuel up to my buddy's place where I found the bead and the guys that gave me trouble last year are no longer there , they got caught stealing fuel (karma is a bxxxh). Any way I forgot my camera like a dummy, they were busy planting so I pick a field way in the back so I would be out of the way. I came up on a small area no more than 50 yards by 60 yards and could not believe my eyes. There was pottery sherds every where, so may it would have be a superman feat to pick them all up in 1 day, I could have filled a wheel barrel 6 times and still not got them all, they were like gravel it was so much. First I started picking up the large pieces and then saw I could not keep doing that, so I got the rims pieces and pieces with designs. I have hunted for years but never have I seen anything like this. 003.JPG 004.JPG The first photo is of sherds with designs and the second pile are rim pieces and bottom pieces. I was finding chips but they were all small (very small) It did not dawn on me what that meant until I found this 011.JPG After that I had to slow my game down real slow and get lower to the ground. Then I started finding a few things some heart breakers and the smallest paddle drill I have ever found and the smallest graver spur. 009.JPG 010.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG At least with all the pottery with designs I should be able to date them, I know I have over 20 different designs.

Upvote 0

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great artifact recovery. I see a couple of nice drills. And a very small point. WTG

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats some tiny artifacts. You must of been in my area, lol not many big artifacts here.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Amazing story and pile-o-finds! And those itty-bitty bits, points, and drill(!)- I guess you look for those things w/ binoculars?! Good eye, great recovery! Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread