Made more this month with my detector than I did at work.

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Been a couple slow months in the construction field around here, Actually no work, and being an independent contractor in Oregon you cannot get unemployment benefits. So we plan for things like this. But in the meantime I took the trusty F-2 out and played a little. Helps get mind on vacation, not that mine is ever on that trip. LOL All I can say is I made more mding this month than I did at work. LOL. A whole $.92. Not bad considering that the ground was frozen most of the time, thank God for tot lots. Wish I had a camera to show you the pictures but that is how it goes. Guess this time off is a good time to work on my spices and seasonings, got some on ebay so we'll see how that goes. Got my chin up and trying hard so HH all

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad. If I make enough to pay for my gas to get to the site I am way ahead! Most of the time I don't, but once in a while I hit pay dirt and that keeps me going. Fun ain't it? Monty

Ugh....sorry to hear work is still so slow for you....it is that way for everyone I know right now but that sure doesn't make it any easier! If folks ever figure out just how good your spices and seasonings are you will do great with it, I know that...they are awesome! I am glad you got out at least a bit with the detector. I will always be praying for you as well. Hang in there!

it's the same over here, i am a plasterer and lucky if i work 1 or two days a week :-\

drywalldav,

your e-bay listings? :icon_scratch:

Would like to take a look. ;D
Thanks.

have a good un..................
SHERMANVILLE

Man, I hear you Dave! I work for myself as well. In my field, when business's don't spend $, I don't make any $. Sooooooooooooooo I guess I'm making more with my detector as well ;D

Chin up - Brian

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
drywalldav,

Thanks.

SHERMANVILLE
I got a store up under "oregonspiceman", got some books and other stuff on there also. If you are interested contact me on t-net for better prices.
Thanks,
Dave

drywalldave said:
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
drywalldav,

Thanks.

SHERMANVILLE
I got a store up under "oregonspiceman", got some books and other stuff on there also. If you are interested contact me on t-net for better prices.
Thanks,
Dave

Thanks.

you and yours have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

I know what you mean. I'm an independent contractor as well and I have never seen the economy is such a mess. Went to my local bank 2 times, and both times there wasn't one car in front of this place. The tellers are loving it :(

If i could detect everyday i know i could make more mding than I could workin. I could dig 8 hours a day if the warden would let me. Good finds.

We've been fairly lucky here economy wise. There is still a lot of construction going on, especially new homes. But I have noticed many of the building trades jobs are being taken by an influx of immigrnts who I doubt are legal. Then those who support illegal immigrants ask, "How are they hurting our country".
M ::) nty

Work is dry here as well. I have worked less than 8 hours since Thanksgiving, so I really know what you are experiencing. Here's hoping for a turn in the economy, and until then, may our paths be lined with gold!
Anthony

Monty said:
We've been fairly lucky here economy wise. There is still a lot of construction going on, especially new homes. But I have noticed many of the building trades jobs are being taken by an influx of immigrnts who I doubt are legal. Then those who support illegal immigrants ask, "How are they hurting our country".
M ::) nty
So that is where they are going. You guys there need to get ahold of the state contractors board. Most if not all Hispanics that are legal stay in one spot and are not nomads like the illegal ones. They will work for about 1/2 the price and will b/s everyone into telling you they know a skill. Some do and some don't. Look at their shoes and the condition of their tools that will tell you. They all understand English, if they act stupid, talk to them in a foreign language,not Spanish, that will get them going. I have nothing against Hispanics, and have hired some very good, legal ones, and have learned alot from experience. Those who are legal also have problems with those that are not legal and they are on your side.

Drywall Dave , I feel your pain man , I'm a part time teacher at the local community college

and I'm kinda circling the drain financially , There have been a few times when my detector

was both feeding me and keeping gas in the car. Argentium.

Argentium said:
Drywall Dave , I feel your pain man , I'm a part time teacher at the local community college

and I'm kinda circling the drain financially , There have been a few times when my detector

was both feeding me and keeping gas in the car. Argentium.
Guess those of us in this hobby that are without work can be happy that we can go look for "milk money"

Hey Dave.....I feel your pain buddy. I too am a drywall repair contractor. Things were going great guns here up until a couple months ago. Slowed way down now. Maybe President Obama will get the economy back, ya reckon?

Rick

We have our trusty leaders to thank for this... :-\ We work hard and pay taxes so he can blow it all on a war for his own oil. :-\ Then set up the Realestate market to make it look like their fault by giving homes to people who don't have money for them. :P Cutting to the chase, the end result is America out of work.... Lets give a warm thank you to our leaders, thanks a lot guys... :'(

May God be with those out of work, I hope it gets better soon!!
Will get through this we always do ! ;D :wink:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D5

I hope for everyones sake that you builders, contractors, subcontractors can all get back to work very soon.

Good luck.

w

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back