Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "Día Negro" UPDATE

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "Día Negro" UPDATE

k, :laughing9:, so last night im with some family memembers just relaxing and whe i go to sleep i have a dream of me finding some exotic cerimonial pieces, very finley worked. so when i wake up i mess around online, and decide shoot, i might as well go out. so i pick a spot i been eyeballin 4 some time now, and for about 2 hours nothing, some chips is all. it gets dark here early so im bummed out, beeen having a rough few months, so i start heading back . and low and behold just laying there, this amazing piece..... i was like OMG, lol, yessssssssssssssssss. my camera is broke so i used a friends , these are the best pics i could come up with for now. also, i have never in my life picked up such a nice perfected piece. the base is lightly ground, has such delicate but perfect shoulders, the serrations are nice and get micro towards the needle tip,seems to have been resharpened, it has collateral flaking , median ridged, "looks like a diamond when looking straight down it" exactly 3 1/2 inchs long. all in all its awwwwwwwww :)
Im going with Firstview on this one, maybe a Eden, both pretty rare in this area, my BEST PIECE PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP

Some history on this point : being Eden/Firstview, it comes from the Scottsbluff cluster=Scottsbluff, Cody,Eden,Firstview. These paleoindian people would have probaly been following big game, such as extinct bison. Some of the best information has come from bison kill sites where these tools were recovered. This particular point has all of the characteristics of a Eden/Firstview. Probaly was used as a spear or flung from a atlatl http://www.onagocag.com/atlatl.html. My personal opinion this projectile would have suporior penetrating power, size, weight thickness, it would be the perfect tool for bringing down big game. Here is a little writing on the Eden published by Noel d. Justice that i found very accurate and informative to this projectile.
" The Eden points some of the most controlled and best executed flitnapping of all paleoindian projectile point types. All edges are closely aligned and near perfect symmetry is observed on every part of the typical Eden point. Wormington's description noted resemblance to Scottsbluff but focused on traits such as a narrower blade width relative to length, parallel pressure flaking , smaller shoulders, pronounced median ridge, and a diamond shaped cross section. The shoulder/haft juncture may be marked only by the termination of laterial grinding and a very slight edge in contour. The fine pressure flaking and diamond-shaped cross section are the most prominate traits that seperate Eden from Scottsbluff. The haft element was produces with fine pressure retouch and the basal edge flaking often produces a triangular flaking pattern emanating from the basal margins to the midline. ( see in photos) .
Now why the base is clipped how it is i have no idea, but i still believe it was intentional.

One more thing, a good friend called me and told me this morning, you did not find that point , it found you.... Being at my lowest point in my life , and thinking there is no way out or back up, God/Someone knows my love of archaeology and i was brought to it. This piece represents a moment in my life when i thought i would never get up, after finding this, i know there are good things out there and hope is still possible. In all honesty i believe this is going to be a turning point for the better in my life:) I was supposed to start school for archi this semester, but some very dramatic changes in my life has forced me to put school on hold. I read and study as much as i can on my free time of the subject, its absolutly amazing.

If anyone has any other info they would like to cover on the point type/history, feel free to fill me/us in. Thanks
Chong

Attachments

• zfirst1.jpg
    zfirst1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,637
  • zfirst2.jpg
    zfirst2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5,646
  • zfirst3.jpg
    zfirst3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 5,588
  • zfirst5.jpg
    zfirst5.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 5,588
  • zfirst7.jpg
    zfirst7.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 5,528
Upvote 0

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Re: Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "Día Negro"

Hey, what kind of AK-47 is that in your avatar? Romainian? Russian? Hungarian? Just curious.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used

Lostlake , its a chinese poly
Thanks 4 the link Ill
Merry xmas everyone!!!!!
8) good luck out there

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro

chong2 said:
Lostlake , its a chinese poly

Polytech are a great AK compared to some of the others. I'm a big fan of the platform and have owned most of the variants there are out there (RPK's, Yugo's, Romy's, AMD's, Mac's, VZ, tantal's, etc). Have you put any "kits" together yet? It's another addiction..lol.

jeff a

Sep 16, 2008
ne ohio

not worth buying kits anymore,i bought a bunch of yugo fixed stock kits when they were 75.00,now they are almost 300.00 ,chong is the poly milled or stamped

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro

Isn't that the truth. I remember when I used to get kits all day long for $50 a whack, not anymore. I've seen some G's lately going for over $300, it's crazy. It's funny how that works. The complete gun prices have come down, but the kits are still up there (for the most part). Krinks have come back down some, and that's a good sign. It's still fun to do the kits though for the experience. The last ones I done were completely hand done. Not using blank receivers or even pre-bent, but cutting our own, along with forming rivets out of stock, etc.

Here's a pic of a couple AK's I done, along with a couple of other EBR's. http://www.okfirearms.com/images/tacticalgroup.jpg

jeff a

Sep 16, 2008
ne ohio

i can remember getting g's for 45.00 ,but there wasnt much interest in them because you had to roll your own reciever or pay big money for a junk hess or vulcan rec.,once nodak started up everyone started building and the prices started to climb,the big thing now is milled kits

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro

I still prefer the G's over century WASR's, anyday. NDS, Ohio Ordinance, Armory USA (ERTD) did sure make things easier on folks. Hesse / Vulcan is a dirty word, uggh. Milled still aren't mainstream because people don't want to pay the price of the receivers as compared to stamped. VZ58 are a good example of that. They are a caddilac for firing and the kits are cheap, in fact I have a few of them around here. The problem is getting ahold of affordable milled rec's for them, with only a few places making them. By the time you get done getting the rec and u.s. parts, you could buy one already together.

One of the best ways a person can get a true Russkie AK is to convert a Saiga. They are made at the original izmesh factory there and are very well put together. I've converted all of them but a 12, and that's my next step.

At one time I was working on acquiring just about every main battle rifle from each country and came dang close. But, I've been having to put all of my funds into a house renovation lately and that has put my "toys" on hold. In fact, I've had to sell a lot of them (unfortunately). Ahhh well, priorities!

Ooops..didn't mean to derail this thread with gun talk.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used

here is the update, just wanted to get my last few cents in!!! :thumbsup: thanks all!

Attachments

• zeden.jpg
    zeden.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,123

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Re: Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!!

11KBP said:
Beautiful Eden/Firstview! :thumbsup:

I have never seen one with the fine serrations. And yes, its a banner specimen.

11KBP

Congrats chong!!

As I said about eight months ago ...it is a beautiful piece.

11KBP

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "Día Negro" UPDATE

beautiful piece
great workmanship!
lars

yo6oej

Aug 23, 2008
Toplita , Romania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pointer / Detech EDS Plus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AWESOME :thumbsup: :notworthy:

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brother... I am late in seeing this once in a lifetime beauty and first I want to extend a congratulations!!! I dream of such a find!!! I also wanted to say congratulations of your realization that this is a turning "Point" for you in terms of your life. You may even want to name the artifact... "Turning Point" :wink: I hate giving advice but I will say this. In 2004 I literally lost everything that I lived for. Its a long story and not for this form but understand that no man has ever been lower than I was.... thinking that I would never smile again. Every breath was a physical effort and life was not worth living. It all turned around, and here I am.... re married, happy, a beautiful best friend (Charlie my Golden retriever), a killer hobby, (Arrowheads), a new cabin and property, great job, etc. You see.... back at my low point, if somone would have said that someday I would look back and see that the bad was necessary for me to get to a better place.... I would have hit them. Life is funny my friend. Keep focused, keep breathing and keep living and soon..... you will find what I have found. You have an absolute right to be happy and content and its true what they say. :That which don't kill you makes you stronger". Stay safe.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used

thank you airborne, man, i was literally on the brink of death when i found it. everyone told me it was a turning point in my life, and it has been, that guy "dia negro" which is his name, got me back on my feet. and yes, if i can hang in there im sure my life can turn like yours, and as a head hunter, it will never go away, the thrill of seeing that guy just laying there waiting to be rediscovered, kinda like fishing in the sea, you never know what you will find. thanks again airborne!!!!! and i hope its not once in a life time find for me!

FIRSTVIEW

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope you got at least 2500 to 4000 because thats what it s worth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions