Made New Friends with Canadian Detectorist

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I had an email from some Canadian's wanting to come down to Tennessee and do some detecting. I said sure come on down and we'll give it a whirl. I'm glad I did I really enjoyed the 4 days they stayed and the comradery was incredible. We visited multiple haunts I had lined up and went about it both day and night. We didn't make alot of amazing finds but we found a few cool things. Arthur found a sterling silver ladies ring with large 14kt initials on top. I found a 1902 barber dime, Don found some cool buttons and suspender buckle. What we all found was new friends and many memories. I did come up with 4 new sites to hunt. We swapped many THing strories and metal detector mods. My family thought I was a detecting nut till they met these guys. They are eat up with it just like me. I am planning a detectin trip to Canada in May where I'll meet back up with my friends and let them host me for some hunts. One of the things I love about THing is all the people I have come across and befriended with this hobby. I am posting some pics of myself and Canadian friends in the first pic Don is on the left, Myself in the center and Arthur on the right. I am including some pics of the detecta's we were using. I hope you enjoy and I encourage you to make detecting pals and host hunts. It is truly one of the most rewarding THing experiences one can have.

Attachments

• DSCN1315.JPG
    DSCN1315.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN1298.JPG
    DSCN1298.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN1299.JPG
    DSCN1299.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN1294.JPG
    DSCN1294.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN1296.JPG
    DSCN1296.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN1297.JPG
    DSCN1297.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 196

Arthur-Canada

Apr 4, 2007
The pleasure was equally ours my friend. We only hope that we can be as good of a host for you when you come up to Canada and hit some of our prized sites. We are hoping this snow will clear in time for us to scope out some fresh new locations that we can save just for your visit.

It takes a certain kind of person to have the patience and perseverance to swing a coil over the ground for hours on end in hopes of coming up with that one keeper. It's the kind of hobby that speaks its own language. When you learn it, international borders seem to disappear. Sounds kind of sappy I know!! But imagine if all the world leaders took up this hobby?

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Arthur-Canada said:
The pleasure was equally ours my friend. We only hope that we can be as good of a host for you when you come up to Canada and hit some of our prized sites. We are hoping this snow will clear in time for us to scope out some fresh new locations that we can save just for your visit.

It takes a certain kind of person to have the patience and perseverance to swing a coil over the ground for hours on end in hopes of coming up with that one keeper. It's the kind of hobby that speaks its own language. When you learn it, international borders seem to disappear. Sounds kind of sappy I know!! But imagine if all the world leaders took up this hobby?

Very well put.

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I'd like to see G Bush swinging a Sovereign and trying to find enough to pay for the gas between sites ;D ;D ;D

Arthur-Canada

Apr 4, 2007
john37115 said:
I'd like to see G Bush swinging a Sovereign and trying to find enough to pay for the gas between sites ;D ;D ;D

Funny choice of detectors there John..."Sovereign"!! Seems like G.W. has been selling the USA's sovereignty down the river...the Rio Grand that is!!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Fun...fun....fun, Looks like you got all the right equipment.
RD :o

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Sounds foreign exchange "detector style." I like the idea. Glad you all had a great time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread