Made the top of my favorites list! There is more in there.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
If I find 3 or 4 good points in a year it's banner to me. This is my 4th of the year, (if it snows my last :-\ ) and my best yet.

The site I have had a concrete pad being poured, the pile of dirt that was dug made me drool! I had to stop Sat. after work and take a peek. I spot a rock? Not this time..............I pull it out slowly..............scream just a little, happy dance, run off to the property owner to show it off! He is thrilled with my find and tells me I should screen the dirt for him. :thumbsup:

Now I know better than to screen, I never find a point when I screen. :icon_scratch: I have screened Tri-axle loads of dirt, not a one. I can walk along and spot one piece of cake, never screened one? I spent a few hours shoveling dirt and only came up with shards? There is plenty more so I will see if Ican screen one out, after I eyeball the pile of course. :wink:

Here is the sweetest Cache blade, just over 2" long. If you notice the tip, it was well used and carried for many a year.

Attachments

• indian knife 1.JPG
    indian knife 1.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 700
  • indian knife 2.JPG
    indian knife 2.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 707
  • indian knife 3.JPG
    indian knife 3.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 705
  • indian knife4.JPG
    indian knife4.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 694
  • indian knife 5.JPG
    indian knife 5.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 706
Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Made the top of my favorites list!

Kim, I like the little piles you have where you have screened, ah, you sure have your work cut out for you, but looks more like play to me. Congrats on the gaming stone/marble, another great artifact for your collection, I somehow feel a couple more goodies will appear. Maybe on of those little silver coins with an oak or pine tree could be in that mix too! :thumbsup:

Don

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Dear Don, those are not little piles. :wink: I am having fun, especially when I can get some one else to throw a few shovel fulls for me. :D

Ooooh a nice little coin would deffinately make me a happy digger! :thumbsup:

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

OK Kimmie, since you like screening piles, I have one in my backyard that needs to be put back in it's hole (thanks to an ex....long story!). When can you show up? ::)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Wes Dear, I'm afraid I'd have to walk the porch to no where to get to that hole? :D Be right there!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Re: Made the top of my favorites list! There's more in there.

I have been shoveling and shoveling, funny, it takes as many shards in artifact hunting as it does nails in metal detecting to find a keeper. :D I have plenty more to dig through, and yes Ty did some shoveling. Then he had to make a fort on top of my pile. ::)

I think this one was a throw away, just gave up on finishing it? Couple of nice shards. (oh the REALLY dirty little fingers are Ty's :wink: )

Attachments

• arrow5.JPG
    arrow5.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 356
  • arrow3.JPG
    arrow3.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 365
  • arrow2.JPG
    arrow2.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 367
  • arrow 1.JPG
    arrow 1.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 372
  • arrow6.JPG
    arrow6.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 358

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Wow! You guys been workin! well, and camping too I guess...building a fort on the pile...too funny! Looks like you definitely found some cool ones though!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kim, sent you some pics from a book that looks like two of you "unfinished" points are somewhat identifiable. Hope they match up with the photos I sent. What a great year for you and you did not even have to spend hours walking a freshly ploughed field! :thumbsup:
Dirt Pile Fort Building 101 being taught by you? :)

Don

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Don, thank you for the pictures, it's a perfect match. :thumbsup: Out of this one pile, a couple diffrent periods.

Sis, Ty is alway thinking. You should see his snow forts. :wink:

Well back to working on the pile.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Wes Dear, I'm afraid I'd have to walk the porch to no where to get to that hole? :D Be right there!

There's one apple pie left in the freezer.! :tongue3:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

wesfrye53 said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:

There's one apple pie left in the freezer.! :tongue3:

Hey!! That was supposed to be here by now! lol

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I dug and I dug! Just today I must have dug 40 nails (I knew you'd be proud Sis! :D) 15 pieces of old glass, some pieces of old plates, about 30 shards................. No keepers?

Ty wanted to drive the go cart over the big piles, I called uncle, and he had the screen full................again! :tongue3: 5 hours of digging?

We had some fun! :wink:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds CG!! I can't tell you how many times I planned to give you a shout and head over to either detect or search for points, but for some reason I woke up recently and 2008 was just about over :(

If no snow falls and the weather holds out reasonably well, got anything going this coming Saturday or Sunday?

Love the points and I bet it's ton of fun looking for em.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I'll be back at that pile today, thankfully the rain stopped. :icon_sunny:

I'm with you Cubfan, I've been meaning to give you a shout too. :-[ Where did the year go? Just checked the calendar, no plans for next weekend! Give me a shout if you would like to get together!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread