Thaddy1978

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2015
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it may be off the beaten path of the primary civil war sights, soldiers traveled all over. Ashby and Mosby often travled by the wayside to get from point to point...going around their butt to get to their elbow to avoid detection. Soldiers from your area on furlough may have traveled back and forth through your family property...you never know. And by the way, I love Madison! It is a beautiful area.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
While it may be off the beaten path of the primary civil war sights, soldiers traveled all over. Ashby and Mosby often travled by the wayside to get from point to point...going around their butt to get to their elbow to avoid detection. Soldiers from your area on furlough may have traveled back and forth through your family property...you never know. And by the way, I love Madison! It is a beautiful area.
AGREE! You ALSO have "Frontier History" of folks heading for the mountains (NOW known as SKYLINE DRIVE), where MANY mountain communities were established; LATE Fall, Winter, & EARLY Spring is the time to "look", when leaves & "critters" are "down"; you can see OLD Roads, communities (foundations of buildings, chimneys, some old metal stuff)... GREAT for HIKING, getting exercise, FRESH air; waterfalls & MOUNTAIN Views!

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything of interest in Madison? I have family property there off Hoover Rd., nearly 120 acres and an antibellum house. Kinda far off the Civil War path but is there stuff to be found in the region?

Madison isn't at all off the Civil War path - my wife has two ancestors that fought the Battle of Cedar Mountain, which is only about 10 miles from you.

I'm in Albemarle County, and would be extremely happy to come up and hunt your property with you. Just say the word :)

acm3

Jan 2, 2016
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and
Garrett pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You still hitting that land in Madison? I am right down the road and interested.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Madison County & Orange County has much of interest... "connected" to the Battle of Fredericksburg. HH! Good Luck!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread