Magician coins

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
they sound hollow when dropped on the pile, and if that fails the coin counters I use won't take the dam thangs. HH Mark

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Lasivian said:
Ahh haaa.

How many have you found out of curiosity?
Over 100 in 3 years of hunting but I search alot of coin. Matter of fact I found one this morning while dumping and one this evening while searching. HH Mark

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one (or the obverse only) last night. A Lincoln cent. It was my first.

apush :read2:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You find them by their sound when you drop them. I have found two, one mexican and one british. Neat little pieces.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Lasivian said:
good grief, I had no idea there were that many in open circulation.

what do you do with them?
If there are that many wouldn't that be like, like "counterfeiting" the currency,no?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
Lasivian said:

If there are that many wouldn't that be like, like "counterfeiting" the currency,no?

They are still legal currency. I think counterfeiting would be intent to commit fraud. These can still be spent anywhere i presume.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
obediah said:
Lasivian said:

They are still legal currency. I think counterfeiting would be intent to commit fraud. These can still be spent anywhere i presume.
Wish we could do that with the paper FRN's, copiers make making paper money soooo easy.

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
Lol, funny story about this....magic is a hobby I've done since I was around 15. I had one of the sets you are talking about and had been keeping it with my normal halves....long story short, a brother's friend stole them not knowing what he was getting. :laughing9: Can laugh at it now but man was I pissed, that set me back some cash as a teenager.

OP
OP
Lasivian

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
[/quote]
Counterfeiting is making currency more valuable than face value.

Since these magic coins are made by destroying 2 coins to make one coin of the same value you're not breaking any laws. The added value is only to magicians who pay 15$+ for them.

I like them as party tricks, it's pretty impressive if you pull it off right.

Has anyone found any gold dollar/quarter sets, penny/dime sets or quarter/2 pence sets? I'm interested in getting some of those in good condition. I'm also looking for a 2-tailed quarter.

Thanks.

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
I just released a half dozen back into the wild today. Most were backed with Mexican coins. Neat things really. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread