Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally like the 350 to 400 myself. The stronger magnets may pull a bit further but they can get stuck on flat metal and it is very difficult to get them loose without tools.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've yet to do magnet fishing. I've certainly watched a lot of threads about this sport, curious. In my elderly puny state I'd have to carry a sharp knife to cut the rope and leave the magnet there.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What bowinkles said. 500lb is overkill.

OP
OP
longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good input i thank you very much for that ... i will go for a lower magnet power

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good imput i thank you very much for that ... i will go for a lower magnet power

They are cheaper and when they pinch you it is not normally to bad. When you are holding the magnet do not move to close to things that it may pull into the magnet. Like a loose pair of scissors that someone like me used to cut rope.:laughing7: Find a plastic jar lid about the size of ur magnet and tape a large washer to the outside and put it over the face of ur magnet and that will help protect it from grabbing things.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread