Magnets

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go Online at http://Amazon.com I have magnets in all my scoops to catch small bits of iron. The trouble is it is a let down to see that nice "gold" ring sticking to a magnet.

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there's a mail order company called harbourfreight that has all kinds of stuff like this...google them and visit their site

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Find the oldes computer hard drive you can. Open it up. There are 2 magnets in each hard drive. Be carefull with them and don't put your fingers between them when playing with them. They will hurt you :help: :'(. I secured mine by using 2 part marine apoxy to the bottom inside of my scoop. that way they do not deterioate.

OP
OP
Da Sand Crab

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Sandman, Ain't that the truth...you see the glimmer of gold in your scoop only find out it's brass, zinc, or iron. Oh well, usually snaps me out of daydreaming and helps me re-focus. Thanks for all of your info and help guys. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread