Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This colorful Hungarian Christmas display is displayed at our local library where I had my Indian artifacts & old bottles displayed. I had promised Gypsy pictures...enjoy!

HungarianChristmas4.jpg
HungarianChristmas.jpg
HungarianChristmas2.jpg
HungarianChristmas3.jpg

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Oh Judie its absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful job.....it makes me want to cry seeing the decorations on the tree....so many like my grandma made and the kind that we make to put on our tree......I am so proud of you Judie for making this display. The boot is wonderful.....I am going to go make Mariah put on her Hungarian Christmas costume right now.....

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
My great aunt wore this Christmas Magyar costume....and its been handed down to all the girls in the family......

Attachments

• Magyar Mariah.JPG
    Magyar Mariah.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Mariah.JPG
    Mariah.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Magyar Christmas jacket.JPG
    Magyar Christmas jacket.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 152
OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy, it is not my display but I do have a few decorations like on the tree. Chey looks so cute dressed in the traditional Christmas costume.

I am always surprised when I go to the library. Mr. Kropog is the parish coordinator of all the libraries, he married a Hungarian refugee, so he & the Mrs make trips back to Hungary several times a year. They have different Hungarian stuff always on display. One of the displays were old pictures & the one picture below has my mother in it. Never seen it before until I saw it here.

Harvest Dancers.jpg
4th lady from the left is my mom
HarvestDanceCostumes.jpg
Picture not very clear, behind glass

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread