Maiden Hunt With The New Garrett ACE 400i Gets A Silver Coin Tonite After Work.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
first 400i.jpg

Took the new Garrett ACE 400i for it's maiden hunt today after work. It took about 45 minutes to get re-orientated to the conductivity number designations. They are somewhat different from the AT Series. The AT Series read pull-tabs at about 53. The Garrett 400i tends to bang on them at around 76. However, copper/signals read in the high 80's to low 90's. And our Canadian dimes, quarters and loonies bounce back and forth with numbers ranging from 70's - 80's -90's. After a while, I guessed on digging up a clad dime and quarter, and was correct. One of the older pull-tabs with more mass on it then the newer ones did read in the 80's.

The ACE 400i is very sensitive to tiny targets, as shown in the pic above. Junk targets tend to bell-tone in one direction, but not the other. But, you should still play with the target running the coil over the target in different directions to get a more accurate idea of what's in the ground. And as usual......if in doubt, dig it.

If the weather holds up, I will probably try a relic hunt soon.

first 400i.jpg 1.jpg

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John-Edmonton,
Thanks for the info,, I am in a bit of a spot in that I had figured my move up machine for my Ace 250 would be the AT Pro, after watching the company sponsored video on the 400 I like what I see, funny you also touched on the tone difference with the trash targets (the low tone between the bell tone),, I really wish it was not so hard to figure out my next move, That being said I am enjoying the Ace250 a lot !

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
John-Edmonton,
Thanks for the info,, I am in a bit of a spot in that I had figured my move up machine for my Ace 250 would be the AT Pro, after watching the company sponsored video on the 400 I like what I see, funny you also touched on the tone difference with the trash targets (the low tone between the bell tone),, I really wish it was not so hard to figure out my next move, That being said I am enjoying the Ace250 a lot !

There are a lot of machines out there.....good luck with whatever you choose:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread