Fisher F2

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say 1st class padded envelope. On Ebay for the average seller it is $1.93 with tracking for 3 oz in a bubble mailer.
No insurance, but its a great price to ship.

OP
OP
hunts with son

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Thank you both for the replies. I'm just trying up maximize my profits and am considering free shipping on some coins because free shipping seems to bring higher bids.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say 1st class padded envelope. On Ebay for the average seller it is $1.93 with tracking for 3 oz in a bubble mailer.
No insurance, but its a great price to ship.

Exactly what I do - if you pay for the postage online it's discounted and the tracking is free.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the post office requires you to ship coins in a padded envelope. That's at least what one postal worker told me. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the post office requires you to ship coins in a padded envelope. That's at least what one postal worker told me. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

What difference does it make to the post office what kind of packaging you use for anything? Makes no sense.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the question about regular letter mail vs padded envelope? If so, it would depend on the coin because some would exceed the height or weight for regular letter mail.... so if you're paying for oversized you might as well use a padded envelope. The worker could also simply be referring to the oversized letter as padded, as most probably are... but again, it's about the size and weight.

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You may wish to sell coins in lots of 2, 3 or (?) thereby saving some postage--as the risk of the buyer not wanting the other coins.
I had little resistance in selling cents by the year (P, D and S)--and saved postage versus selling and mailing them separately.
Don....

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use bubble Mailers. I usually put coins and small jewelry in bags and tape them into the center of the packaged then using clear packing tape completely wrap the mailer and printed shipping label. You don't want to leave it loose in the packaged because some one can cut the side and say it was torn and had fallen out. Anything over 30$ gets USPS insurance. The default ebay insurance does not cover a lot of items.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What difference does it make to the post office what kind of packaging you use for anything? Makes no sense.

I think the point is coins are to noticeable in a regular envelope. :dontknow: People see money in an envelope are they are more likely to take it ? :icon_scratch:
I don't know, but I can see a few reason, because of numismatic value too. Like it matters to the post office but just saying.

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
If you ship as a letter, it will go through machinery that may tear it up as the coin is not flexible. I received a torn empty envelope from Belgium where the seller had simply slipped the coin into a regular letter envelope.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread