Maine Beach ~ How to Approach

ctweber98

Greenie
Jul 21, 2006
Hello everyone!

First off thank you for viewing my post and all the helpful information you guys give!

I will be going to Maine in a couple of weeks to do some metal detecting but I need some advice on how to approach the beaches up there. During the day in the summer the beaches are very crowded but when high tide comes the whole beach is covered by water except for maybe a couple of feet of sand near the road.

I have included a picture that I found on the internet of what a Maine beach looks like! So what would you recommend searching.... I do not have a water proof MD so searching the "Mine" is off limits for me.

Attachments

• beach-in-Maine.jpg
    beach-in-Maine.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would first chech out the approach to the beach for what ever parking lots are used. Any area near concession stands and the path to and from the beach. Try to be there very early in the morning and don't bother with the wet sand area unless you have a Salt water mode on your machine. This is the reason many of us use more than one detector.

For more info on beach hunting, go to this site: www.thegoldenolde.com

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread