Maine black beauty

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this point yesterday near the well known Sebasticook fish weir.Every year Sebasticook lake is drawn down for algae control.The spot I found this is usually about four feet under water most of the year..still grinning....mjm IMG_20141027_191118_843.jpg

Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

eppingera

Aug 29, 2012
Beautiful point. You have a great eye picking that out amongst other gray and black rocks!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beee-oo-tiful point you got there! Congrats on a killer find!- and GOOD eye- seriously- what with all that rock. Thanks for the show!
Yakker

dlos

Jul 12, 2011
That's an awesome find maineman! Thanks also for posting a picture of where you found it, incredible it didn't break there. I wouldn't even consider looking for artifacts in a spot like that. Just goes to show you how different parts of the country need to be looked.

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dlos....Taking under consideration that there was a fish weir that was active over many thousand years in the vicinity.It really wasn't a surprise to me.The fact that it was intact did.I will admit that I will slow down considerably going through that area....mjm

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an update .I was finally able to get a picture to Dr.Arthur Spies.He confirmed that it was indeed a meadowwood and it dated around 500bc.He was very interested in wh
ereabouts on the lake I found it.He said it was the first time this type has showed up at the lake.Which made me happy.Charl originally typed this point correctly.Thanks for the help...mjm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions