Makes (Large) (S)Cents To Me!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Great hour and a half of detecting tonight, with assist from Earthworks. Couldn't stay away from the old colonial site Earthworks and I detected over the weekend (each finding a colonial buckle then). I hit it about an hour or so before dark tonight. I dug my second good signal and WHAMMO...came up LARGE -- 1820 (happy dance) -- unfortunatley it's my photography and not Earthworks, though he stayed up and I emailed it to him to work on it (thanks for the effort). I put a damn shadow across the date on this photo, but it's in really nice shape. Then as I was leaving I gave myself one last dig on a good signal and it's basically dark out, I pull it out and see silver edge and I'm thinking, could it be my first seated coin (finally) -- it's about the right size. I decide to put it in water in the car and call Earthworks for the big drum roll moment. I get him on the phone, pull over the car and feel for the coin in the water...I feel that all the dirt is off it and I slide it into a napkin without looking. This is like 5 minutes after I've found it and it's taken everything not to look. I ask Earthworks "READY?!?!?!" -- yes through the phone...I open the napkin....D'OHHHH. Roosie -- 1960. Oh well, it's silver! Cool time and gotta love the large anytime.

Attachments

• largeone.jpg
    largeone.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Bergie strikes again. Hmmmm...I wonder if a curse word came out of your mouth on the coppa recovery? hahaha I enjoyed the "Colonial Coin" video on YouTube. :D

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Yeah, Kirk, it was along the lines of "F" Yeah!!!!! Coppa!!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice going on the biggie! And you brought home silver to boot. Way to go!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice larg cent!!! WTG

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o Nice LC Bergie, too bad about the Roosie though, but silver is silver after all. You had my heart skipping there for a bit. HH and good luck on finding that first seated coin your hunting.

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions