Making payments

Pennypacker

Banned
May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think PayPal has some sort of payment plan if you buy one from eBay.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt any dealer or private seller would allow payments. As far as I am concerned, if someone has no credit or credit card to use for a purchase, I certainly wouldn't be willing to take on the risk of selling to them on a payment plan.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only through credit card, payments made to the CC bank..

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd recommend making virtual payments to yourself, say $20 a week stuffed under a mattress. You should be able to afford something decent by mid summer!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my Excal over time. I sent the money to him and when he received the total amount then he shipped the detector to me. This may not what you mean but it worked for me.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can purchase detectors in the UK by paying a deposit, and monthly instalments. Joan Allen Detectors do it, I think they might be others. I'm surprised no one does it in the US.

SS

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can purchase detectors in the UK by paying a deposit, and monthly instalments. Joan Allen Detectors do it, I think they might be others. I'm surprised no one does it in the US.

SS
Lots will probably do it, a person just has to ask, then send in a deposit and make payments. I'd guess most small independent operators would go for it and if you don't pay anymore on the machine you loose the deposit. I've done it a couple of times over years and when the terms are discussed there was always an agreement made. Now I didn't do a mortgage type thing where it was years, it was a month or two at best. You don't know unless you contact a few dealers. Good luck

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots will probably do it, a person just has to ask, then send in a deposit and make payments. I'd guess most small independent operators would go for it and if you don't pay anymore on the machine you loose the deposit. I've done it a couple of times over years and when the terms are discussed there was always an agreement made. Now I didn't do a mortgage type thing where it was years, it was a month or two at best. You don't know unless you contact a few dealers. Good luck
's like the fishing tackle shops here, some will let you have fishing tackle and put it in the book and pay it off in instalments, it's based on trust, although I just pay out right...some can not and need a bit of time.

SS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I verified Kellyco does layaway,but it is a standard layaway, when payments are completed item is shipped...

Paypal has a CC and when you sign up there's is a special package .

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a hobby, not a life necessity. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Save your money until you can afford it.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cabelas credit card. They sell some pretty decent brands including Minelab, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, and Teknetics. Cabelas will give you 2% in points toward anything you buy from them, and 1% for everything you buy elsewhere. Check out what they offer here: Search Results : Cabela's

If you aren't credit-worthy: The Tesoro Compadre is only $160.

OP
OP
JmCraz8

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a job and a life and k ow it's a hobby what's the harm in asking a question to see if any vendor offers payments, maybe I like to build my credit up?!?!?!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a job and a life and k ow it's a hobby what's the harm in asking a question to see if any vendor offers payments, maybe I like to build my credit up?!?!?!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your thread!!!!!!

Get a job.
Out of line and violates our rules!

Last edited:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think fingerhut has them easy credit too

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus if you got a little credit which helped you get the detector earlier, you could get a good hit on the first outing, which would help to pay it off quicker 8-)

SS

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
i think fingerhut has them easy credit too
Yes fingerhut does have them i checked no money down they send it right to you and then send you a bill every month till you pay it off .. Fingerhut | Buy Now Pay Later Credit Shopping .. BUT they charge more than most do for there items .. They have top brand names and some i never heard of so if you get one there stick with a top brand name ...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread