Makro Deep Seeker/ Detecting Privies???

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey all, since I have been snow bound for the last several months I've been kicking the idea around about the Makro Deepseeker as it would relate to locating privies. I have contacted the company and several other dealers with questions but get limited answers unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these types of machines? I know they detect very deep and are 3D real time detectors. In my case of probing all day long for privies the thought came up that we always find ferrous and non ferrous stuff in the privies that could technically be located by the machines or any metal detector for that matter. I know these machines are a bit pricy but they would be arm savers in the long run and possibly find deeper privies.
So in short does anyone have any experience with these and do you all think a deep seeking locater machine would work in detecting privies? Of course it will never see the glass and bottles but I would think it would see the metals that are always in the privies. Any thoughts please let me know. Thanks and Be Safe out there! jgas

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea. A friend and I have talked over the use of the other machine, the one that picks up articles in the ground and where the dirt has been disturbed. I've never really thought about the Makro deep seeker but I'm sure it would work as well. Sorry I have no experience using one

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell you something else I've pondered before. Call me crazy and laugh but I think this idea would work. They have trained dogs to sniff out drugs, cancer, and all sorts of things. Can't we train dogs to sniff out privies? I'm thinking about buying a blood hound, lol

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jgas, I was reading about this machine and it looks like a dual-purpose device. It does locate cavities (disturbed ground) . Just curious if it shoots the signal in one direction?

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey Bass, yeah I sure wish I could get my hands on one just to try it out on known privies. See if it actually see's the strata or disturbance in the dirt. I would think if it can detect the rusty metal debris always found in privies then it would work. At least zero in on an area where you could then probe. I've used a ground penetrating radar before and it does see some sort of disturbance, but it was an older model and very hard to understand the patterns it was displaying. Give me a 30 day trial on one and I would know if it works before spending 3 to 5 grand on one. jgas

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, for that kind of money they should send a rep to give you at least a one day hand's on field test.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread