Makro JeoHunter "valuable" percentage?

silvercloud

May 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We recently tested JeoHunter 3D detector and consider to purchase one (as it works OK to separate false signals from actual objects and cavities), but have couple of important questions:

- Not sure what is meaning of separate metal types (gold, ferous ...) vs. "valuable" percentages? Does "valuable" indicates actually valuable metal (if so, isn't it duplicate indication that "gold" already points to) or it points to VALIDITY of the result (not the value of the target) of the metal type indication?

- What would be the threshold levels of percentages (e.g. 80%, 90%) of "gold" and "valuable" than can separate desired target types from thrash? E.g. in our tests we got JH showing 60% "gold" and 80% "valuable" for rusty can that stayed in the ground for a long time :-(. What is the recommended method to separate such trash targets from the real ones?

We couldn't find the explanation of these parecentages in JH manual and unfortunately do not have "real target" cache to test :-)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't get any help here give Makro a shout out regarding this - I am sure they will be able to answer your concerns

Try

[email protected]

I hope this helps

Moca

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Jeohunter 2D deep coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same problem.
I have a 2D detector and it gives me gold but once i have the item out of the ground i see only a rusty piece of metal.

Did you solve your problem Silvercloud?

G

gudfruit7

We recently tested JeoHunter 3D detector and consider to purchase one (as it works OK to separate false signals from actual objects and cavities), but have couple of important questions:

- Not sure what is meaning of separate metal types (gold, ferous ...) vs. "valuable" percentages? Does "valuable" indicates actually valuable metal (if so, isn't it duplicate indication that "gold" already points to) or it points to VALIDITY of the result (not the value of the target) of the metal type indication?

- What would be the threshold levels of percentages (e.g. 80%, 90%) of "gold" and "valuable" than can separate desired target types from thrash? E.g. in our tests we got JH showing 60% "gold" and 80% "valuable" for rusty can that stayed in the ground for a long time :-(. What is the recommended method to separate such trash targets from the real ones?

We couldn't find the explanation of these parecentages in JH manual and unfortunately do not have "real target" cache to test :-)

Thanks in advance

I purchased the Makro Jeohunter 3D Dual System a few months back. I can only say my experience was that the "valuable" percentage has absolutely nothing to do with whether the target is actually valuable or not. Something that is also not mentioned anywhere except for in one small area of the owner's manual is that the detector will sometimes indicate that rotten steel is "GOLD!". I can tell you right now that it absolutely does tell you rusted/rotten steel is gold. It happened to be on several occasions. Also, it will tell you that tin and aluminum cans are "85% Valuable". So to answer your question, no... Absolutely in no way does it actually differentiate between anything valuable or total garbage.

There was a lot of hype and false advertising that I bought in to when I purchased the detector for $4,000. Honestly there are much better options out there for that price. I ended up returning mine to Amazon for a full refund.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions