Makro PI machine in the future?

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No Clue, I think our local Mining shop has the Marko though. I could ask him what he thinks.

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That would be cool Neo. I seem to have rubbed some folks the wrong way criticizing minelabs gpz for not being waterproof at its price tag. All the high end detectors are out of my price range but at those prices the machines should be nearly indestructible, at least we should demand there nearly indestructible, every prospector i know has slide down a hill or ate it along a stream. Hell my mineing partner has sunk his MXT a good six times in the last ten years. luckly, disasembling the entire machine each time has worked. Crashed and burned down a mine dump on a nearly straight up slope early this summer and just barley kept from crushing the control box on my GBPro.
AjR

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not think you rubbed anyone the wrong way - just people expressing their opinions in what they want in a detector.

I am with you though I am more about being light weight and for desert work would forgo waterproof if it cost me even an ounce of weight. The hardwired coils or o-ring special waterproof connectors that come with waterproof add complexity, cost, and failure points.

But to answer your question directly here is a quote for Nokta/Makro:

"Our goal for the next few years is to dominate the detector sector with new products developed with unique technologies that will differentiate us and make us known not as a regular detector manufacturer but an exceptional company that exists with its technology. With the new products we are planning to launch between 2015-2017 (Pulse Induction detectors, new technology VLF and pulse imaging systems, hybrid VLF detectors, entry-level detectors, walk-thru security detectors, mine detectors etc.) and with your support, we wish to share the pride and happiness of achieving this goal all together."

I want lightweight bang-for-the buck. That is why the Racer appeals to me. Garrett can make my day by just sticking the ATX in a dry land 4 lb box for under $2000. A lightweight ATX for $1500 out the door would be sweet. If they will not do it, then that is number one on my wish list from Nokta/Makro. Sounds like they want our business!

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well said Steve. :)

I didn't see that mission statement yet, awesome that they are going to get into the PI world.
I also agree with you on lightweight, cheaper versions.
It would be awesome of Nokta/Marko offered two variants of detectors, a full waterproof (to maybe 10' or more) and shockproof version and a stripped down lightweight version lacking the waterproofing but hopefully still has the shockproofing and at least dust proofing.

Good times are coming as the new kid on the block stirs up the competition!

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am with you though I am more about being light weight and for desert work would forgo waterproof if it cost me even an ounce of weight. The hardwired coils or o-ring special waterproof connectors that come with waterproof add complexity, cost, and failure points.

I want lightweight bang-for-the buck. That is why the Racer appeals to me. Garrett can make my day by just sticking the ATX in a dry land 4 lb box for under $2000. A lightweight ATX for $1500 out the door would be sweet. If they will not do it, then that is number one on my wish list from Nokta/Makro. Sounds like they want our business![/QUOTE]

Well said Steve. Time goes by quick and soon enough you're growing old. I can't wait any longer for Whites to put detectors into a sensible lighter-weight package. I'm sick of carrying around my heavy Garrett Infinium, and won't buy the ATX even though recently was offered it for almost half-price... because of the weight associated with the "military / waterproof" packaging. What complete and utter horsesh!t. No prospecting-capable PI from First Texas, just keep dredging-up these rehashed VLF models with new names and pricetags. And Minelab with virtual control over pricing because there is no competition worthy of the name.

I am sick of this, and can't wait forever. Nokta is the first company I've ever seen that actually responds to consumer concerns, and gives you a straight answer to a simple question. If they can produce competitive prospecting-capable VLF and PI units, they are going to earn my detector dollars... I hope that's soon because I would like to upgrade several units.

Jim.

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well said gentlemen, now we are all on the same page. lightweight, shockproof, optional waterproof model, cutting edge technology instead of repackaged and affordable.
Happy Days - Happy Hunting
AjR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread