cantonment, florida (pensacola)
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT stock and 5.3 coil

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
First I've heard of that but I wouldn't doubt it a bit. I'm pretty convinced that you could just about pick any piece of land in Escambia or Baldwin County and find something old in the dirt. I took my detector on a hunting club work day and just randomly started detecting in the woods and found old lantern components, horse shoes, etc. You just never know man.

Of course your odds drastically increase if you do a little research on the area ahead of time and get a feel for the historical aspect. For example, if we could ever pinpoint the EXACT location and route of the colonial Pensacola-Mobile road, I can almost guarantee you'll find some interesting stuff alongside where it ran. I do know that the route crossed Perdido Bay roughly in the Spanish Cove subdivision area (Suarez Point south of Lillian) on the Alabama side and the DuPont Point area on the Florida Side.

If you find a good area, let us all know, I haven't even turned my detector on in 4 months! ;D

Pcolaboy

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
It is actually an old sharecroppers house. The brick came from Clay City. To date to owner hates strangers but time will tell.

I have been finding Indian pottery at the Fairhope pier and even found a nice arrowhead at low tide. Good luck.

MichaelB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread