malfunction or could it really be a haunted site??

orcrist

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long story short, my dad came one day with an old garret ads deep seeker 2 , we got batteries and went to an old " hacienda " and digged up some horse shoes and some buttons, 30-30 bullets, then we moved to a " haunted site" and after inquiring as where the haunted treasure could it be, I start detecting, a lot of old caps and wire came out but as soon as we reached the "spot" the ads stopped working, it just went off I tried 3 more times and it just went off every single time, I had downloaded the manual and had to adjust it every time and try it out with some coins and worked really good, but as soon as I get near the spot, it just wouldn't work, any thoughts????

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When you say it "went off", are you saying it shut off or did it just go crazy? I swung an ADS III for several years.

OP
OP
orcrist

orcrist

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to say turned off, it wouldn't do anything not a single noise, I turned it off and on, calibrate it again as the manual said, but it would do the same. I'm saving for a newer detector, I don't believe on haunted places, I know a bit about electronics and I know it needs to be certain circumstances for a electronic device to turn off. BTW I need to say I've use the ads and found clad and shot gun shells and once I found a knife blade hidding in a wall on anold house so the ads works!!!

OP
OP
orcrist

orcrist

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im on it but the problem is, they weren't quite virgins, are you sure has to be 10 ?? Would it work if I find but 1

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They say ghost affect electromagnetic fields soooo........

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
RF or EMF Frank five star.png
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had an old VHF television that got ghosts when the bowtie antenna wasn't just right.

Apollo-11-TV.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread