Man am I glad the Vault was Closed! Half Dollar Score

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I went into the bank about 45 minutes before closing. My plan was to get two boxes of dimes, but since the vault was closed I just asked for whatever coins they have in their draws. He went to check and opened the drawer/cabinet to where I could see everything inside. There looked to be a lot of halves and a lot of dollar coins, but I could not tell them apart. Some of the rolls were brown and some were yellow. (This bank always has a ton of halves, but most of them are dumps that they put in to their machine to re-roll. These rolls are brown and never produce anything.) Seeing the rolls I asked him which rolls were the halves. "the yellow ones," he said. Score! I took them all. I got home with $420 in Loomis halves and $35 in dimes. I wanted to open up a few rolls before I eat and took a shower (I just had football practice). The second roll had a bright silver shinning up at me. It turned out to be a 65 which disappointed me a little bit because it looked like a really bright 90%. I was searching in bad lighting so I took the roll into the next room to see a little bit better. I pulled a 68, and then another moldy looking 68, and then I almost missed the 64! I am so thankful the vault was closed! I am only about 7 rolls in so far, so hopefully I will pull a few more silvers.

Any guesses on the results? I will post them later.

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll guess you find 7 90%ers and 32 40%ers.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess he hasn't finished them yet seeing as how the post time was Yesterday @11:36 PM.....

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess he hasn't finished them yet seeing as how the post time was Yesterday @11:36 PM.....

What yesterday? I posted this at 6:30.

Anyways the rest of the rolls produced not 10, not 20, not 30, but 0 silvers.??? It really sucks, but I'll still take 4 silvers any day. Hmmm I really thought I had something...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread