Man repays $150,000 of insurance money ... in quarters

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Lord, I'd have liked to check those rolls :) 600,000 quarters...... Months to check

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll guess the 150 transparent sacks each weighing about 50 pounds,
came direct from the Federal Reserve , by armored truck & placed on flatbed truck
at the dirction of the law firms, With receipts to prove content (Value).
from there,
they were probably never fully unloaded, & Either returned to the Federal reserve,
and money's electronically transferred to the proper banks,
Or delivered to the law firms Banks for more photos,
paperwork, & Transferred out.

Untitled.jpg

I doubt any of the bags were touched or opened except
what was done for Photo op

Of course I'm sure it cost the Illinois businessman extra,
for all the transfer costs
in order to make his statement.

Workers unload bags full of quarters from a Brinks Security truck to a trailer in Marion, Ill., on Wednesday, July 31, 2013. The coins were being delivered to two local law firms by Roger Herrin, of Harrisburg, Ill., who was paying off a portion of a court-ordered legal settlement with nearly four tons of quarters packed into dozens of bags. The settlement was related to a 2001 car accident in which his teenage son died. (AP Photo/The Southern, Paul Newton)
51fb200a7db26.preview-620.jpg
Workers deliver bags of quarters to a law office in Marion, Ill., on Wednesday, July 31, 2013. The coins were delivered on behalf of Roger Herrin, of Harrisburg, Ill., who was paying off a portion of a court-ordered legal settlement with nearly four tons of quarters packed into dozens of bags. The settlement was related to a 2001 car accident in which his teenage son died. (AP Photo/The Southern, Paul Newton)
51fac529b054c.preview-620.jpg

Last edited:

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks- interesting article & the story behind it.
The lawyers on the receiving end should at least advertises its "holding" here on Tnet.
I'm sure a few of us would be happy to buy them bags at face value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread