Manchester, NH detecting...?

Sobo

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030, Omega 8500, AT Pro, Ace 150, Explorer XS, Explorer SE / Sunray Probe, Bounter Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State laws and policy can be learned here......http://www.fmdac.org/parks/parks.htm

If you just go and ask someone at city hall the answer you will get will more than likely be NO. It is just because it is easier to say NO than to look it up if metal detecting is against the law. They can also pin it on "digging, park damage, etc." You don't ask if it is OK to toss a ball, lay in the sun, collect acorns, normal activities. Metal detecting is a normal hobby so just go enjoy yourself and don't give them a reason to get upset. Don't use a shovel.

diggingnewengland

Apr 10, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Minelab Sovereign GT
You are close to the beaches like Hampton they are always a good place to go wide open and easy for beginners to learn on and you never know you might just find gold. I hunt the beaches all up and down the coast. You are also close to the lakes and there a many place there that people gather and swim those are always good for a quick hunt. Good Luck Hunting :icon_thumleft:

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ohhhhh you wanna take my goodies do ya????? >:(

:P Just playing... Welcome to the addiction.

I'm in Manchester. I go to Derryfield regularly. I also hit the other parks too.

I've only been bothered by the police 3 times. 1 was during the day in a park. The officer actually asked me if the park department was ok with me detecting in the parks.

I had to inform him that the only place in NH you CAN'T detect is Odorn Point in Rye. Reason being is that it was the FIRST settlement in NH and is a preserved historic site.

He went about his day and I kept on detecting.

The second and third times were late at night at the Derryfield tot lot. They just told me I had to leave because curfew is 9pm.

I do a lot of my detecting during the week late at night from 9pm-1am or so or on weekends.

I look forward to seeing some of your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread