Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A NYC woman died at 6 A.M. this morning after being mauled by her adopted Mastiff / Great Dane. The 75 year old who lived in a 2 story townhouse in Queens with her 39 year old autistic son and at least 8 other dogs had planned on returning the adopted Mastiff mix because it had become too aggressive. Just a week and a half ago, the 7 year old dog attacked and held a small neighborhood dog in it's jaws. The Mastiff mix was being walked by the son who could not control the 100 pound animal.
I think allowing someone to adopt 9 dogs is rediculous. If this family owned a few acres in the countryside, it might be different. The practice of allowing her autistic son to walk this powerful dog as well as the other 8 smaller dogs just doesn't sound right.
Now,, I really like dogs. I don't have one because I currently live in an apartment in NYC and like to travel.
I travel by motorcycle and often spend weekends away from home. I don't feel that it is right to constantly leave your pet in a kennel, or with family members.
I'm looking at buying a house in rural Pennsylvania that has a few acres. I will probably purchase a pickup truck. Under those conditions, I may consider getting a little buddy.
The son was also attacked and bitten on his leg. He is currently in the hospital and under observation. He is not aware of his mother's passing. Again he is autistic.
Who will take care of him? What happens to the other 8 dogs? The Mastiff mix will be put down.
Lots of rules in NYC about dogs. Where are the rules about the people who have dogs? There are no rules to determine if a human is worthy of having a dog or qualified to take care of the animal.

Attachments

• 20170213_152622.jpg
    20170213_152622.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 127

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
there you go thinking again

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sad to read. Some people, as they age, probably aren't thinking clearly. Poor soul and the son, oh wow.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Pack behavior is a prime motivator for dogs. With 9 dogs there will be need to find out who is top dog. If the owners don't understand they are included in the pack and will dominated by the top dog the top dog can be aggressive.
Even a dog that allows the human to be the top often challenges especially around one year. The dog probably won't be aggressive but the challenge is recognizable. Don't over react as it's normal. Just let the dog know who is top dog. BTW a great dog like great kids don't require any corporal punishment. In fact my belief is that striking a dog leads to aggression to other dogs and people. It's a teaching tool.
Let there be peace in the valley.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread