Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD and me scouting around all over town, he got (and posted) 2 X GEO II coppers here, I guess my best would be an IH cent, probably one of the best I have found, keep in mind I don't have that many of them.

find13-56-1.JPG

Next day traveled far, and got rained out. I did get a cap badge while looking for the owners' wife's wedding ring. The small area was probably a trash pit before a flower garden, lots of foil, and beer caps. When I popped out the badge I didn't know exactly what it was, but knew it was a cap badge. When I showed / handed it to the owner I said I hope I can keep that one. After he examined it for a minute handed it back to me. Turns out to be rather modern WW2 West Nova Scotia Regiment, a good one can be bought for 10 bucks on the bay. Still better than tin foil.

find13-57-2.JPG

Today, ZDD is otherwise engaged, so did dig with another Dave. Finds were sparce in this pounded site. A couple hours there produced only a small number of targets, and I got the only coin.

I am pretty happy with this large copper "1814 RH ONE PENNY TOKEN, 34mm, 17grams" though for a couple of reasons, I've not found this type before, and although quite worn has little to no corrosion, it had very black dirt on it almost greasy. The half penny version of this coin is supposed to be the only one imported for circulation, the farthing, and full one penny were, (according to charlton) not, only getting here by way of "collectors". So, I would think a rare find...in the dirt ? Can't recall one posted anyway.
EDIT, just did an ebay search .com & .ca, a total of one of these large coppers is for sale at this time.

Year to date, Coppers 128, Silvers 31

Attachments

• find13-58-1.JPG
    find13-58-1.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 168
  • find13-58-2.JPG
    find13-58-2.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 169
  • find13-58-3.JPG
    find13-58-3.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 155
  • find13-58-4.JPG
    find13-58-4.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Upvote 9

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
hey now there's a one penny RH token, for sure they aren't one to show their faces too often,especially from the ground, but they do exist
you got some condition on that one even though it is worn it's still a keeper!

and the badge is one for the display box too, you can buy almost anything on the E but it won't substitute digging it up for yourself!

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks IH.

Yeah, it is a keeper. Just did a quick check of the 128 coppers only 11 are the real big ones, (9 Can 1P tokens, 1 cartwheel P, 1 brazil pc) and this one is by far the best condition. as stated quite happy with this one.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a crazy number of coppers for less than a year Rick. You guys seem to get out and hit the fields more than I do, and I'm retired.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a crazy number of coppers for less than a year Rick. You guys seem to get out and hit the fields more than I do, and I'm retired.

Yes it is a crazy number, more than twice that of last year already. A couple of good sites really helped the average, 22 in two hunts. I'm retired too, got at least 58 different digging days in so far. Quite certain next year isn't going to be like this, less I hit a hoard.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice score on that copper Rick, she's in beautifull condition. I wish I could have got out with you today but I got to find me a new ride and fast.
Talk later,
Dave

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a great hunt in my books...I'd take one of those right about now...

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a great hunt in my books...I'd take one of those right about now...

Thanks mr. P. This as you may know from reading the post is more like three days, BUT the large token is VERY welcome here too! Thanks.

PS, Poor me gets no military buttons, (teary smiley face)(smiley face)
Rick

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice score on that copper Rick, she's in beautifull condition. I wish I could have got out with you today but I got to find me a new ride and fast.
Talk later,
Dave

Thanks ZDD, I think you'll regrett it if you don't get out to the new-old spot with me. I guess it is supposed to rain tomorrow so maybe sat. ? I don't know

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job sniffing that one out.

She is a beauty!

One of these days, the whole lot of us from the region should do some research, find neutral ground, get permission somehow and have a huge group hunt. haha

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job sniffing that one out.

She is a beauty!

One of these days, the whole lot of us from the region should do some research, find neutral ground, get permission somehow and have a huge group hunt. haha

Good Idea, and thanks GIO...or Robert ?
Here's one for ya... every time I read ... No...I'll save that for a face to face to meeting...someday.
Don't forget D. and come on over...OK

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know, I know... GioTheGeek :)

It's tough for me right now to get over there... with only one car in the household until next spring. She'd chop off my huevos. Next summer, mark my words...

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that One Penny Token Rick. Any coin with an old sailing ship has character in my book!

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that One Penny Token Rick. Any coin with an old sailing ship has character in my book!

Thanks Steve...me too...guess what... I got another BIG oldie today, also in good shape.

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
Good grief, you folks get a lot of good finds! I think you could find the proverbial needle in the haystack...if the haystack was buried,lo! HH

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good grief, you folks get a lot of good finds! I think you could find the proverbial needle in the haystack...if the haystack was buried,lo! HH

Hey my friend a lot of it is persistance, I've hunted at least 58 times this year, and at least 4 (on average)hours per hunt. I notice you've only been a member here for a few months, so keep at it...finds will come. No matter where you live. Remember there were gold rush guy all the way to the west coast by 1849, so old "stuff" is all over the place, and you can find it anywhere. OK

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one penny token is a real beauty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread