Many water hunters are hopped up thinking of all the swimmers in the water.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is Memorial Day weekend and it is going to be hot. Many water hunters are all hopped up wanting to search the swim area where all the people plan to cool off from the sun. I am no different but remember from past experiences the the finds aren't all that great so soon in the season. But any time spent in the water is better than going shopping with the wife for shoes again.

Memorial Day should be spent with family and honoring those that gave the ultra sacrifice so we can continue to enjoy our freedom. There are many Vets that have done their duty for those too silly, not qualified, social rejects so they could play loud Rap or Mexican music at the parks while we are gnawing on a juicy BBQ rib and sucking on a Brewski.

Hope everyone has a nice Holiday..:occasion14:

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Low Tide Tuesday will be... crowded! Happy Memorial Day!

US Army 1973-'76 1/41 FA 56th FAB

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hundreds have been in the water here all week -- Finds = Dismal at best.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And me without my Xcal booo hooo. Maybe some of those drops will be in the sand. But like you said its important to remember the holiday..... U.S. Army '72 to '94.... loved every min. of it.

Dew

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
"They fell, but o'er their glorious grave

floats free the banner of the cause they died to save"

Frances Marion Crawford

Attachments

• pic193121.jpg
    pic193121.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 100

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your service! The sorry lot that were disrespectful to the Vietnam vets should have been arrested! We appreciate your defense of our capitalist system that has been so fruitful even to the poorest among us!

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I changed my detecting to "hunting erosion" instead of "fresh drops", my returns have gone through the roof when averaged across the whole year. If no obvious signs of erosion are present then I will fall back to fresh drops in high traffic areas.
Tony.

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope all of you folks have a fun, safe holiday with family and friends.

And yes, please take a few moments to remember those who gave all and paid for your freedoms with their blood.

USAF Pararescue "That Others May Live"
1970-'74

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you ALL good luck.:occasion14:

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And me without my Xcal booo hooo. Maybe some of those drops will be in the sand. But like you said its important to remember the holiday..... U.S. Army '72 to '94.... loved every min. of it.

Dew

If you loved EVERY minute of it, I don't think you were in
the same U.S. Army I was in.

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is Memorial Day weekend and it is going to be hot. Many water hunters are all hopped up wanting to search the swim area where all the people plan to cool off from the sun. I am no different but remember from past experiences the the finds aren't all that great so soon in the season. But any time spent in the water is better than going shopping with the wife for shoes again.

Memorial Day should be spent with family and honoring those that gave the ultra sacrifice so we can continue to enjoy our freedom. There are many Vets that have done their duty for those too silly, not qualified, social rejects so they could play loud Rap or Mexican music at the parks while we are gnawing on a juicy BBQ rib and sucking on a Brewski.

Hope everyone has a nice Holiday..:occasion14:

Excellent post Sandman.
Enjoy your weekend Sir.
Happy Hunting and Stay Safe in the water.
Kevin

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Tom.... its not for everyone. Had my wife at the time not gotten sick they would have had to kick me out the door. id been a 30 year guy. The cup was always half full when i went to work.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread