Map Dowsing for a Cache

Mar 28, 2009
Right or wrong this is a few tips that work for me, my pendulum is a old crystal quarts item that hangs from a silver bracket that lets it swing freely in the bracket.This is then connected to 100 year old gold chain,thought it might help useing old things to find old stuff.I always search for a known cache not just at random.This is the info I started with,man named S_ _ _ _ _ _
owned 80 acre farm 4 miles from _ town, turned profits into gold coins and never found after death.Got out my state atlas & gazetteer and started from the town that was 4 miles away.First I asked for permission to dowse that page ,my pendulum swings back and forth for a yes and side to side for a no. I then ask if the name is right and if the finds are still there, IF the answer is yes I tell the pendulum to take me there, do not ask, tell it too! The pendulum started to swing in one direction and I let it go that way slowly until it stopped and started makeing small circles, I then asked to confirm this and got a yes.I then got out the drawing compass made a 4mile circle from the key town and yes it was with-in 200 yards of the site I dowsed.That gave me a township to start with,from there I went to a county platt map book for a more detail picture.Went to the township
map asked for permission to look and asked if his cache was on that page and to take me to it.That it did, and from that point I asked all kinds of yes and no questions some of the answers just blew my mind.The thing that got me the most was he had 17
deferent caches and only 2 was on the page that I was useing but the dowsing took me to the other page with ease. Back on the first page I asked if he had anymore gold on that page and it took me to a cemetery.After a bunch of yes and no questions I found out that his younger brother is buried there with a gold and silver ring given to him by mr. S
Other things I found out about mr S was when he was born/died/buried, in the civil war, was not married ,had a brother and how they died.How many caches he had and where at,how deep each one is,what kind of containers each one was/is in,the amount by each coin per site and if there was anything else of value (a gun) paper money.The smallest cache is 27.50 in silver
and 24.00 in gold, the biggest is 200. gold 400. silver, one is 55.50 gold only, one has only 75 in silver,the rest are mixed gold and silver with some large cents and a few half cents pluse 681.00 in paper. Total amount of gold is under 1500. about the same in siver nothing large by todays standards.
AS you can see you can get alot of info from a pendulum by just asking questions and alot of it is easy to confirm like dates and if the graves are still there to confirm your reading,mine was dead on, sort of makes feel haunted. Other things that I do is
when I'm on top of a site and it's making those small circles is to ask to pin- point it, the circles get smaller till it stops then it starts shacking then I ask it to stop all movement when it is dead nuts on top of it.Never ever forget to say thanks for what you just learned! I always ask my pendulum if it's having fun if you get a no answer better find a different pendulum.
This is what works for me ,may not do crap for anyone else,one other thing is that most of the caches average 30"deep in case you were wondering, some in mason jars some in milk cans and cigarette cans others are in feed sacks.
Got to go for now,good luck on your TH finds :thumbsup:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen map dowsing done with a noodle {single} rod , to get general location, prior to pendalum for pinpointing.. The best rod was a Fractal Geometric one..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread