Mike(Mont)

The most sensitive I've seen is a spring pendulum. psi-tronics.com

OP
OP
revpo

revpo

Dec 3, 2004
SOUTHERN INDIANA
Yes I looked it up, my size and price. Have you ever done any map dowsing with this instrument and any success.

REVPO

M

Mike(Mont)

Sorry I didn't get to finish my first post. (I was going to mention how Dell uses the needle and thread.) Actually the device is called the Divining Oracle. If you read about it, he says it is twenty times more sensitive than a pendulum. It is so sensitive that I can rest my arm and hand on the table and still get plenty of response. It is more of an information dowser (ask a yes/no question and see what it does). I tried to keep my arm still and move the map. I haven't had much luck for anything with a pendulum of any kind, especially map dowsing. Something I plan to try sometime is to try map dowsing with a GSR (galvanic skin response). I learned to dowse with a black box that had a GSR on it along with a tunable capacitor and several pot's. There's no reason why it shouldn't work for map dowsing, but the old unit overheated. At one time I tried to rebuild one but couldn't find the exact parts. What I have now is one that some Scientologists use. It is not easy to use a GSR. Typically people pay thousands of $$$$ and forty hours just to learn how to use one. And if you have ever read their instructions, it's more geared to clearing than to dowsing. There are many different types of responses from the meter. It's not easy to watch the meter while you dowse. The GSR is probably one of the fastest responses of any device. Typically at least a few seconds ahead of anything else including using nothing. Any distractions show up immediately and you need to learn how to recognize these. Any sort of emotional tension is going to have an effect. That's not all bad, you can use it for a trainer.

M

Mike(Mont)

Dell, have you read "Psychical Physics" by Tromp. I hear it's a good book.

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Winders, I was always skeptical about Dowsing. Not that I didn't be leave it worked just didn't think it was that important in Treasure Hunting. When you told me what was in the ground before I dug it up Stunned me to say the Least. You are in Florida and I'm in Texas. I have no Idea how from a photograph you were able to tell me what was in the ground. Eventhough it wasn't the treasure I was seaking. You specifically mentioned Turquoise. Turquoise is not to be found in this area. I found three rocks ( Turquoise ) that maybe were lost by someone. You also said " NO TREASURE " and there was none. I did find the other three things you mentioned. How did you know this. ???. That is why I asked my Buddy Teleprospector to build me some rods. " Which are excellent " . I am taking dowsing very serious Now. You will see me asking quesions in the forum More often. Do you Think you can tell our Gov't where Bin Laden is and maybe end the war. :-\

M

Mike(Mont)

I haven't read it either. Al Rossmiller said he learned a lot from it. Guess I should get a copy.

As for Dell's psychic ability, I agree. I talked to him on the phone about a photo I sent him. He gave details I thought he had been there. He sounded like he was in a trance.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
revpo said:
Suggestions for a small instrument for map dowsing please, I have used l-rods but find them cumbersome for that type of work..
Thanks
MORSE/DOCTOR

A couple decades back, lead was popular for pendulums. Toxic concerns in recent years has changed that, but if you use lead be sure to spray paint it. Some dowsers take those holed coins (sometimes dug) attach a string or chain. Don't intentionally deface a US coin, our country has laws against it (at least they did, probably still do).

One type professional dowsers have used is the brass with sample chamber/chain. The chain is attached to a screw top of a hollow brass pendulum. You put inside a small gold nugget or whatever else will fit, to map dowse. The sample should be of what you are trying to find.

A chain with Quartz crystal or cut gemstone works for some people. The most important thing is you like and feel comfortable with your choice of pendulum. I've even tried the thread/sewing needle, it works for me but I prefer something which feels a little more heavy.

Here is what I use. This is a Bass slip sinker, the kind made of lead. It was spray painted after making. Wash the worm weight with soap and water. Use the end of a nail (should be 8 penny or smaller) to grip with a pliers, press the nail point to the hole in the top of worm weight. I cut about 12 inches of braided nylon 40 lb. test fish line for a string. Tie a knot half inch from one end. Insert the other end into the slip sinker, apply super glue (don't get on your fingers). Stick a round wood toothpic immediately to peg the string while glue is wet. Soon you can bend, break off the toothpic, the tip should be broken off, in the pendulum. Spray paint the lead good so your skin won't contact lead.

Attachments

• pend1.jpg
    pend1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 643
M

Mike(Mont)

Now it seems to me if you put a fishhook on the end of that you could dowse for fish and catch them, all in one easy step!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike(Mont) said:
Now it seems to me if you put a fishhook on the end of that you could dowse for fish and catch them, all in one easy step!

Actually, on one vacation fishing trip, I did try that with a lead jig (no plastic grub, etc. just plain hook) over a map of the lake. It was Bear Lake up in Michigan., late season after a real cold front. The lake map showed the bottom like our topo maps do for land. I caught the largest bunch of Smallmouth Bass I've ever seen. Have pictures somewhere, would have to dig them out. But, it works for fish...you can take my word for it. The reason for jig dowsing, didn't have my usual pendulum along. All you probably really need is just any pendulum.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
The most important thing is you like and feel comfortable with your choice of pendulum.

You got it...

Nice pendulum...so many different ones out there. Really pointed types are good if you need to make an X on the map. :)

M

Mike(Mont)

I agree, beautiful pendulum.

A friend of mine dowses for fish. I can do it, too. It's what I call making the emotional connection with them. There is something about smallmouth. You have to be within a three foot circle or they won't bite. Very territorial, at least on the river here.

A big game trophy hunter once told me not to think about them because they know it.

Sorry for the off topic post.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well, if you dowse and can locate some big fish...when you dowse for a cache it should be big also...which is harder to find, a big CATCH (FISH) or a big CACHE (TREASURE)???? :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread