Map Dowsing Request

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'm replying to Teleprospector's post from another thread, asking that I post a photo of my property for some online map dowsing. A bit of history, this is a five-acre plot that I bought about six years ago. I've built a house on the lot since then but before I bought it, the land was only used as materials storage for a road-building business. Prior to that, the land was unoccupied as far as we're aware of.

What I'm curious about isn't water or utility lines, but something I'm not already aware is there, focusing on items that were already in place before I moved in. The image I'm posting doesn't have the house visible, but since I'm much more curious about what was there prior to my taking over, I thought it might work. If not, just let me know and I can put together a more current image.

Since I've read that some people have trouble map-dowsing with broad parameters, if you want to just focus on metallic objects that would be ideal since I focus mainly on metal detecting myself.

And for anyone that thinks dowsing won't work when you're associating with a "non-believer," let me say that I am absolutely willing to go dig up any locations that are indicated on the photo, share my results here, and share any finds made with the person that indicated something might be found in any particular spot.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 2007 - Property.gif
    2007 - Property.gif
    117.5 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
ClonedSIM

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'm trying to figure out if I should be confused or amused that no one attempted to dowse the photo... Is it because there's absolutely nothing there at all to dig for, on a plot of land that encompasses 217,800 square feet in a state that has been criss-crossed by Native-Americans, Old West Outlaws and Spanish Explorers for 500+ years? In a state that boasts the oldest state capital in the country, Santa Fe (also the second oldest city in the US, next to St. Augustine?) Less than an hour away from several of Billy the Kid's old stomping grounds? There aren't any bullet casings, coins (even modern ones,) jewelry, old weapons, caches, etc? Heck, I'd settle for a ball of old copper phone line or a few strands of barbed wire if that's all that's there.

If there's absoutely nothing there to dig up, just let me know, my feelings won't be hurt a bit.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one checking so i made a check,done a gold and silver check,the only thing i'm getting is some silver. 2007 - Property.gif

OP
OP
ClonedSIM

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
No one checking so i made a check,done a gold and silver check,the only thing i'm getting is some silver. View attachment 749732

Thank you so much, Okie Dowser! :hello2: One quick question, the spot you indicated is actually a garage/shed, that was on the property when I bought it, that currently has no water or power. Did you get an indication whether the silver you picked up on is inside the building, or underneath it? Also, I store all of my cutting and welding equipment, as well as my riding mower in there. Is it possible you were picking up silver in some of the components on those devices?

Also, the floor of the building is a concrete and rebar-reinforced slab, so an exact location might be a little difficult on-site. Any advice?

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the red spots, large circle is where I got something, probably just a coin....hopefully silver. Made the others small, might not be much of anything. Then a couple small ones together (overlaping), signal was too wide to be something good. Might be a spot with something to check in upper right corner.

Attachments

• 2007 - Property-ClonedSIM.gif
    2007 - Property-ClonedSIM.gif
    117.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread