map interpretation,final conclusions

Pa.Billy

May 10, 2008
Indiana Co. Pa......... finds include,confedera
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Well the t-storms held off for a while so I couldn't resist finding that darn foundation ! I went to the place where StogieJim had made calculations as to where the foundation I was looking could be. I found it almost immediately.I figure Jim's estimates was only about 250 ft off ! The location of the homestead is represented by waypoint 22 below.Jim's prediction is represented by waypoint 21 My estimate that I made last week is waypoint 20 But lets give Jim the credit,he was doing it from a distance and with less information !
The site was a bumper,all grown up with weeds and someone had cut some trees down also so there was a twisted mish mash of timber everywhere. I figure it won't be until about 2028 before I'll be able to detect here lol amazing how these old foundations seem to continue to be a focal point.If it's not a place for kids to have a beer party it's the resting place of shingles from the owners house when he replaces the roof. :-) Here's a pic of the spring at this site,the Roser homestead.
Spring6-29-08.jpg

After that I took off on a southeast heading trying to find the W.M. Millen homestead (see pic below) ,I found it without too much trouble,you can see by my gps data the path I took and the black arrow shows where I found the second foundation.It was grown up with weeds,the area must had been timbered recently. It was really starting to thunder at this point so I only spent 2 seconds at the second homestead. Fortunately my car was only a couple hundred yards away,yep I practically walked right by it on the way in ! thanks a lot for all your help Jim !
foundationFind226-29-08.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread