Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want to pay fees for coin counters (CC's) and so created a map of all the banks within a 10 mile radius of my location and opened accounts there. Makes it easier to plan my dump trips

CC bank map.jpg

Upvote 0

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good plan. I used to have 5 banks, 2 with counters, but none have counters in the bank locations any longer. They bag up and send off to count and deposit a week or 2 later, don't like that. Kind of got discouraged after that but may get back into. Need to call around and find some local banks with counters. Good luck!

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
A bank I used as a dump bank wanted my coins in a plastic bag they provided. I put $500 worth of halves in each bag and gave it to them. They would not hand me the $1,000 cash back, said they had to be sent to the counter then once verified would credit my account. Took them 5 working days and said I was 15 cents short!!! I talked with the bank manager and asked how cold a bag with only 50 cent pieces be 15 cents short? She credited my account the 15 cents. I no longer used that bank as a dump location.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
If I had to go through all those hassles I would give up CRHing (maybe)

I am very lucky to have 12 banks with coin counters and another 4 that want you to drop them off and they credit your account in 24-48 hours

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
A bank I used as a dump bank wanted my coins in a plastic bag they provided. I put $500 worth of halves in each bag and gave it to them. They would not hand me the $1,000 cash back, said they had to be sent to the counter then once verified would credit my account. Took them 5 working days and said I was 15 cents short!!! I talked with the bank manager and asked how cold a bag with only 50 cent pieces be 15 cents short? She credited my account the 15 cents. I no longer used that bank as a dump location.

That happened to me multiple times. Very aggravating. My dump bank now makes me supply my own bags, but they credit my account instantly, or just pay cash.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This makes me worried because one of my dump banks keeps giving me bags and I don't trust the accuracy. Eventually I'll break down but I've been just dumping other places for now.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
They they count them in a machine the counts will be off! The bags I have bought have had pennies counted as dimes etc.

However today I took $160 in halves to one bank and the machine said I put $160.50, Now I could have counted wrong, I counted them manually to get an idea but...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread