Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 70's I found a small entrance that at 160# I could crawl through. No chance now at 195#. But I'm trying to locate this cave. The small entrance is about 10 ft. long and opens into a room that I could stand up in. Nothing to see inside but maybe 10-15 6' long small (Looked like Hickory) saplings propped against the wall. I didn't have a detector with me so I couldn't search the dirt floor for anything buried. Now it's no secret that it is on the Appalachian trail at the top of Blood Mountain, in Georgia. For you Dowsers BM is to the left of the Hwy 19 marker (4,450 ft. in elevation). The white line north to South goes through it. There was a small rock cabin at or near the top when I was there. The CAVE was within 50 yards or so, maybe closer, from the rock shelter, I think to the west (Left on the map). If anyone does in fact locate the cave make sure you go into it while the snakes are hibernating. I had a snake to depart just before I entered. Also make sure there is no critter inside. A large bore pistol and a strong flashlight and a trustworthy friend is also recommended.
If you do go in and find anything please let me know as I'm 76 yrs old nearly and have no intentions of returning there.
Good luck and thanks for Dowsing.
Marvin
PS, take plenty of water to drink as it is a good walk uphill to get there. Coming down is easy.:laughing7:
data=IJPm8cONmvt5mjhbXqOBNo5Ihxhx8se_720AHF4Jh6tyJf1X9ru_,dOOHantbelltpqS9Ftl010bkObGjkNXUX8ZV14C7rUQdwgyFmoCdQinrdPFVO8M4w7g17eo87CMc4xtJikGAUAygnXwnPcAWvDTlUWZ-cVY3

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being in the mountains of Georgia, there could be other sites as well. White is most likely various types of caves or openings.

White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and mine shafts, other similar type excavations (including old wells, tombs, etc.).

Attachments

• BM-GA_Boy.jpg
    BM-GA_Boy.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 103
  • BM-Aerial2-GA_Boy.jpg
    BM-Aerial2-GA_Boy.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 94
  • BM-Aerial-GA_Boy.jpg
    BM-Aerial-GA_Boy.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. That brings back memories that there was talk of a lot of caves in the area. Your white dot just South (Above) of the highest point is probably the one I explored. It had a tiny triangle opening at ground level where I had to lay on the ground and crawl in. I doubt if I could squeeze in there now. There was a deadly fight among two tribes of Native Americans there long ago and that is where Blood Mountain got it's name. Maybe someone will explore it with a detector and report back.
Thanks for your work on my request.
Marvin

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi GA Boy,
Dowsing revealed cave/tunnel/mine openings in the white triangle areas and treasure in the white circled areas.
Thx for posting your dowsing project,
Jon
TnetBloodMtGAdowsed.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. That brings back memories that there was talk of a lot of caves in the area. Your white dot just South (Above) of the highest point is probably the one I explored. It had a tiny triangle opening at ground level where I had to lay on the ground and crawl in. I doubt if I could squeeze in there now. There was a deadly fight among two tribes of Native Americans there long ago and that is where Blood Mountain got it's name. Maybe someone will explore it with a detector and report back.
Thanks for your work on my request.
Marvin
It would make sense that a name such as "Blood Mt" just might have a battle site associated with it.

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red_Desert, there is a lot of Folklore about that area. It has been said that hunters have lost dogs in the interconnecting tunnels there.
Marvin

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like there could be some good cave exploration potential, for those adventurous persons. I'm sure the snake risk is going to be an issue.

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi GA Boy,
Dowsing revealed cave/tunnel/mine openings in the white triangle areas and treasure in the white circled areas.
Thx for posting your dowsing project,
Jon
View attachment 1254769
You are very welcome. Over on the General Discussion Board there was a topic " So no more old timers" and since the '70's were mentioned I figured that I should make a contribution. I pretty much stay on level ground now and search parks, etc.:icon_thumright: I did get out my dowsing rods that I have had for over 50 years. They still feel great in my hands but haven't had the opportunity to use them recently.:unhappysmiley:
Marvin

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are very welcome. Over on the General Discussion Board there was a topic " So no more old timers" and since the '70's were mentioned I figured that I should make a contribution. I pretty much stay on level ground now and search parks, etc.:icon_thumright: I did get out my dowsing rods that I have had for over 50 years. They still feel great in my hands but haven't had the opportunity to use them recently.:unhappysmiley:
Marvin

Your contribution was appreciated. I drove thru northern GA to visit relatives who lived in Savannah and we talked about the mountains and what potential there was for treasure hunting. After listening to the stories I thought that just the Blood mountain area alone would keep a person busy treasure hunting for life. Old timers......well you never know what you will pick up on when talking with someone who's been around for awhile. I see it every day, people pushing older ones away in different ways, but they don't realize what knowledge that can be learned from older folks....there minds are still pretty sharp and if people would slow down a bit and appreciate them better it's worth more than money can buy.
I think it's great that you picked up the dowsing rods, that's half the battle, so to speak, even if you aren't locating anything.
I pick mine up each day wether I'm looking for something or not, it's a hunger that gets satisfied.
Jon

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GA BOY, the sticks you found could have been a stash left by native Americans prob a lot of arrow points buried as well. There was a round up in the 1800's in Lumpkin county I do believe. They might have stashed some gold as well before the removal.

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GA BOY, the sticks you found could have been a stash left by native Americans prob a lot of arrow points buried as well. There was a round up in the 1800's in Lumpkin county I do believe. They might have stashed some gold as well before the removal.
I'm just hoping that someone will explore the cave while the no-shoulders (Snakes) are hibernating and report back to us.
Marvin

ripper1

Apr 17, 2014
greece
Primary Interest:
Other
sdfhhhrhdh.png here......
Back in the 70's I found a small entrance that at 160# I could crawl through. No chance now at 195#. But I'm trying to locate this cave. The small entrance is about 10 ft. long and opens into a room that I could stand up in. Nothing to see inside but maybe 10-15 6' long small (Looked like Hickory) saplings propped against the wall. I didn't have a detector with me so I couldn't search the dirt floor for anything buried. Now it's no secret that it is on the Appalachian trail at the top of Blood Mountain, in Georgia. For you Dowsers BM is to the left of the Hwy 19 marker (4,450 ft. in elevation). The white line north to South goes through it. There was a small rock cabin at or near the top when I was there. The CAVE was within 50 yards or so, maybe closer, from the rock shelter, I think to the west (Left on the map). If anyone does in fact locate the cave make sure you go into it while the snakes are hibernating. I had a snake to depart just before I entered. Also make sure there is no critter inside. A large bore pistol and a strong flashlight and a trustworthy friend is also recommended.
If you do go in and find anything please let me know as I'm 76 yrs old nearly and have no intentions of returning there.
Good luck and thanks for Dowsing.
Marvin
PS, take plenty of water to drink as it is a good walk uphill to get there. Coming down is easy.:laughing7:
data=IJPm8cONmvt5mjhbXqOBNo5Ihxhx8se_720AHF4Jh6tyJf1X9ru_,dOOHantbelltpqS9Ftl010bkObGjkNXUX8ZV14C7rUQdwgyFmoCdQinrdPFVO8M4w7g17eo87CMc4xtJikGAUAygnXwnPcAWvDTlUWZ-cVY3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread