Mapping Your Beaches

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is something I try to touch on every year because I really believe it serves two worthwhile purposes. First, it allows you to place your research efforts on a visual reference, and second, it allows you to record the various features and differences along the beach that you might otherwise forget or neglect, etc. I decided to bring this topic up again today because I was using my maps a little while ago trying to decide which sections of beach I wanted to attack in the coming days, and why.

When I created my binder of maps I used Google Earth and I still do, this makes it really easy to section off your hunting areas in just about any manner you desire. I keep the line of landmarks, such as condos, etc., on the left, then the beach, with enough open ocean on the right of the page to enter any notes or markers. This binder of maps makes for a great treasure hunting center and field reference. Noway could I remember everything I've logged in this binder in just the few years that I've started doing this. Today I can't imagine not having it. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread