Maps of Antiquity- Treasure map

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! This Map building better not talk about hoarder's. I've never seen so many old maps in one place. I saw a map I wanted. I just had to have it. Great details that are true all in one place. Plus has a lot of Treasure ships names with app. locations. old maps monomoy treasure 004.JPG COOL MAP!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Great map.
Just watch out for the Fed.'s National parks, they "don't play well with others" detecting there.

GL. &. HH!

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will take your detector for sure on land. I delivered propane to homes in this area. I talked metal detecting to all my customers and wish I could detect their. One lady said her parents found a very old gold coin in the road. Another told me a story about her husband was building a barn and found a gold coin. He went to town and sold it and bought a big boat to bring home. His wife didn't know anything about it until he came home with the boat that evening. Theirs a lot of History their. But the people who live their do metal detect the area. One guy was front page on the whites magazine for finding 100 rings in one summer. He lives their and hit the summer beach. Wonder what's up with the wreck they just found in Wellfleet? The fisherman was bringing up a lot of cool stuff off of it. He was in the papers which had his tel number. I called. But never heard back. Someone jumped on this wreck. Quick!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your detector and the car you came in, they don't play.

Ya that's a real problem now days when a good site is revealed, wether it's on land or in the water.

There are quite a few from the Cape who are T Net members, that beach hunt and have made lots of awesome finds.

When something like that old wreck is discovered and made public then goes quietly away, I'm thinking the state stepped in, because it probably lies in someone's jurisdictionally protected waters.
I believe there are a couple of salvage companies in Mass also. You'd think it would "finder's keeper's" but no, that would make sense and be too easy.

I had hopes a few years ago of searching some of the Harbor Islands, but that was shot down a while back when the state incorporated them all as Historical sites.
The fisherman may have been over whelmed by phone calls.
Treasure is out there every where, it would be awesome to find some. It does still happen.
Keep looking, there are hundreds of wrecks out there covered by sand just waiting to be found.
GL HH

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm working at getting something together. Meanwhile I have my own treasure to find by hand detecting underwater. I just don't have the money or gear to go do what I want to. Would like to dig everything and start with a few wrecks I know of. Sell what museums don't want. Like ship ribs. Sell them with brass plates for fire places or custom wood shops. Keeps some wrecks alive and put's some money towards the cause. People say theirs no money in just doing historical wrecks. But with this many wrecks here and knowing the capes history. You'll come across a lot more than you think here. Plus keep everyone happy finding stuff instead of looking into a computer screen all day every day searching. Who wouldn't want to recover artifacts all the time! Plus shallow water is the way to go to keep cost down and easy work load. Everyone wants these unfound big cape treasures. But they never find them. Everyone get's the same info and then follows the leader. Just need a good team of people and gear that works for NOTHING to start. WOW what a deal. Later the phone is ringing off the hook for help!!! Ha Ha It's a big shame. So close but yet so far away!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They could became a hot commodity. People's own little piece of Cape Cod historical treasure. But beware, because when it becomes too much of a job it's not as much fun.
As for getting people to work for nothing, it depends on how well you can pitch the idea to them. There are like minded people that would be thrilled to dive on wrecks for fun and adventure and maybe a little profit later. What about university or Maritime academy students, a little real life experience.
The storms have proven time after time that treasure exists off shore by throwing some of it up on shore.

Hey don't give up, your dreams may be closer than you think, sometimes the answers are right there you just need to look at them from a different perspective to see them. If you want something badly enough, you will make it happen.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right about everything you say. It's just going a little slower than I want it to go. Ha Ha I have my treasure chest that I'll be looking for by hand soon. A boat with detecting gear would be helpful!!! Anyway, Knowing these water's and it's History. I would love to get something going. But it better be soon before all hell breaks lose here. We just had our first 7 ft great white on the inside of our cut thru a few day's ago. What's going to happen when we lose that 20 mile barrier beach and the 9 mile outer island? Sharks will be at the mainland and unfound Wrecks will start showing up. Then some fisherman will find a treasure out their and let the Game's begin!! Nobody will be ready and people will be putting permit areas along side other permits areas. You can only cry wolf so many time! No one is listening. Boy if you find a wreck like that fisherman just did. Someone will grab it real quick. I bet their were enough coins on that ship to pay for a lot of that shallow salvage. Never mine about the artifacts. People need to work together on these permit laws. Then maybe we can recover everything. That should keep both sides happy. Right now no one get's it and investors want big treasure. Low over head, bigger rewards, I say. Treasure hunters and Historians!!! But once treasure is found. All hell with breaks lose. People putting permits close to other's permits and so on. I'll always be after my wrecks. And If I don't find my treasure ship. I hope someone else will. I'm getting older and it would be nice to get some of this history saved anyway we can do it. Life goes on and I live here. I have my own shallow wrecks to explore. The one's I can. I can at least enjoy myself metal detecting and diving. My over head is cheep and all I need to find is one good coin. So I'll keep plugging away until hell breaks lose. I'm still here and going no place. Thanks for your thoughts.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm taking my time and enjoying what I can in life. I do what I can do when I can do it. And your so right about anger and stuff happening!! I don't need problems or stress. To many bird people around in the summer to do what I want. So I'll wait till it's my turn. I'm in no hurry. If I had the gear needed. I would be in more of a hurry. What else can you do. I do this because I enjoy all of it. I don't want that to change.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be careful, don't play with the sharks.
Just be an average person just doing some harmless boring everyday thing.
It's amazing the changes in people when treasure is found or thought to be found.

I really wished things worked here like they do in England with history and treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread