Maps

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Marius,

I don't know if that map was a copy of the original, or the original map, but that note with the arrow seems to have been added on since it's written in English. It is not needed for the use of the map. Finding that view on the ground, will show you which hill the pit is on.

The "sierra mas alta en medio" is not in the very center, but it is between the "sombrero", and "s. cima", and identifies it.

Homar

Homar

I believe the map is very difficult to recognize in the field , but not impossible . How distance you believe is between the " S.Cima " and " El Sombrero " in reality ? I believe how is over 2 Km .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Access to the article requires a free Jstor account.
I am on thin ice as it is posting the maps otherwise, I would have posted the article in its entirety.
Let me know if you are successful.

Hal

I selected to read the article " The fate of Adolf Ruth " at MyJStor but don't upload the pages . Shows how loading but has a charge issue . Maybe the cause is my old OS . In other books works .
I believe you can post the map . Is like you bought the journal and scan the maps . You don't sell them but only show .

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar

I believe the map is very difficult to recognize in the field , but not impossible . How distance you believe is between the " S.Cima " and " El Sombrero " in reality ? I believe how is over 2 Km .

There's no telling just by looking at the map.

Homar

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

With these two that sgtfda posted, I now count four versions of the same map. While basically all the same, each has minor differences. The black map above, in my opinion, perhaps may be the original, original. That's a guess because it was posted with no captions or explanation.

Here is a drawing of the same general area that was made four years after Waltz passed. Most will know its source. For those who do not... San Francisco Chronicle, Sunday, January 13 1895.

And the Perfil map in reverse. Someone felt it important enough to reverse the map, BTW, that is a Spanish/Mexican Treasure map trick, the mirror image. Anyway, just a curious drawing but look at the similarities.

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal

I selected to read the article " The fate of Adolf Ruth " at MyJStor but don't upload the pages . Shows how loading but has a charge issue . Maybe the cause is my old OS . In other books works .
I believe you can post the map . Is like you bought the journal and scan the maps . You don't sell them but only show .

markmar,
These two maps are also presented in the same article and are thought to be the "locator" maps. There may even be another but it's unclear to me at this point.

Jstor
A Death In The Superstitions
Image - G. Davis

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal

I have this map ( are two in one )

Locator map.gif

Seems , the maps from the article . to have been reversed and bad transcribed . Look at the first map . the letters " C " are reversed . And in the second map the word " agua ' is reversed .
I have described the meaning of these maps about 2 years ago in the thread " The Peralta stone maps - on their own " , but I deleted it along with many posts in an angry reaction after a controversy with TN members who in that period derided me and believed how I am another lunatic with suppossed skills and knowledge .
From then , many things changed in the LDM research and I can say with certitude how if I will describe now the meanings of these maps , you and many others will understand where is the shaft/mine .
So Hal , I am sorry . maybe in the future .

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal

View attachment 1165911

Seems , the maps from the article . to have been reversed and bad transcribed . Look at the first map . the letters " C " are reversed . And in the second map the word " agua ' is reversed .
I have described the meaning of these maps about 2 years ago in the thread " The Peralta stone maps - on their own " , but I deleted it along with many posts in an angry reaction after a controversy with TN members who in that period derided me and believed how I am another lunatic with suppossed skills and knowledge .
From then , many things changed in the LDM research and I can say with certitude how if I will describe now the meanings of these maps , you and many others will understand where is the shaft/mine .

Not sure what you are writing about. I think that it takes a bit of lunacy to chase after legends so, you are in good company. It's a game markmar, a guessing game and no one is right and no one is wrong until someone is RIGHT, with a capital R.

I am not after the location of your shaft/mine markmar as I am fairly certain that my guess is not such a bad one.
I only wanted to share the other maps in the Jstor article that I thought you had difficulty accessing.
Anywho, sorry that you were treated so disrespectfully in the past. It's a tough playground and to survive it, you will need to grow a thick skin. Or not.

Best of luck!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hal

View attachment 1165911

Marius if anything I said was offensive, my apologies. I meant no disrespect. If you have read the old threads you know that we have had some people show up and post some really far-fetched things, mostly they don't post any more, but I learned that some of those people don't even believe the stuff they are posting, it is all a fun game for them at our expense.

Oroblanco

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal

I believe , is not a guessing game at all .
Look beyond the hill in this picture . Is not from the place which could be recognized the Perfil map , but is close to that specific view point .
I guess , you can see some similarities .

Perfil  part.jpg

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal

I believe , is not a guessing game at all .
Look beyond the hill in this picture . Is not from the place which could be recognized the Perfil map , but is close to that specific view point .
I guess , you can see some similarities .

View attachment 1166372

It's a guessing game for sure markmar. Perhaps not in your mind, but until you know with absolute certainty (physical proof) that's all it can be. I think that Oro nailed it when he wrote about the possibility of several "lost" mines. It sure would explain the many discrepancies in the location stories of the DLM.

Look at these images.
If you reverse the illustration from Bicknell"s story, and break apart the topography, then compensate for scale and the vantage point, well, it sure looks like the Perfil Map.
This is obviously just a quick study however, I think that is gives some credence to the Perfil Maps as far as placing them in the Superstitions.

The only thing that I added is the ridge marked with a red arrow and this because I could not define it in the original illustration.
View attachment 1166792 View attachment 1166793 View attachment 1166798

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal

You wrote " ... until you know with absolute certainty ... " .

I believed , you could understand the obvious . Are you with me on the same planet ? Because on my planet , when a place fits with what we are searching for , we look for proofs if is the real spot .

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal

You wrote " ... until you know with absolute certainty ... " .

I believed , you could understand the obvious . Are you with me on the same planet ? Because on my planet , when a place fits with what we are searching for , we look for proofs if is the real spot .

I am on planet Earth. The little blue one that was flat until someone demonstrated that it was not.
Where are you broadcasting from?

Yes, look for proof. When you find it let us know.
Until then, yours is just another opinion, not a bad one mind you. How could it be anything more with what you have presented?

View attachment 1166854

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on planet Earth. The little blue one that was flat until someone demonstrated that it was not.
Where are you broadcasting from?

Yes, look for proof. When you find it let us know.
Until then, yours is just another opinion, not a bad one mind you. How could it be anything more with what you have presented?

Hal

I commented what you wrote . Could you know what I know ? How ?
Maybe your ego can't admit how someone know where is the real Perfil map view .
I give you a friendly advice . Stop the guessing games and go for proofs . If you can't , stop to guess what every treasure hunter knows .

untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal

I commented what you wrote . Could you know what I know ? How ?
Maybe your ego can't admit how someone know where is the real Perfil map view .
I give you a friendly advice . Stop the guessing games and go for proofs . If you can't , stop to guess what every treasure hunter knows .

markmar,
We only "know" what your struggling to say from reading your sometimes emotional posts. From what I have read this morning, you seem to be the one guilty of peppering their posts with insults. Give and get. BTW-What is your reason for posting? What is your fear of being challenged? Seems to me there is some underlying insecurity or frustration that keeps you from having any non-confrontational conversation. I know, I did, I have, it is,... these are just empty phrazes that mean little without the ability to support them with wait, what did you call it? Proof?

Actually, I dont even understand this conversation as my drawing only supports your ideas about the Perfil. Go figure, circumstantial proof. What a novel idea.

Its a game markmar. Don't take it so seriously.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal

Guess what could be the yellow line on the Malapais .

trail.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions