Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rocky raccoon said:
:help:anyone ever heard of using marbles as ammo..the reason i ask is @ 1 site me & some other guys picked over 10,000 clay marbles ranging in size from shooter to medium to peewee.this was in wilmington nc thanks and do enjoy the posts
Welcome to Tnet.. :thumbsup: Marbles sure make good Slingshot Ammo. :headbang:

POORHUNTER

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
You may have found a factory dump. Are they all perfect or out of round . Are any of them died with color? picture would be nice

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
thats kewl....since the late twenties glass marbles has been the preferred material....are you near the ocean....clay marbles were used as ballast in shipping from europe....are they fired or commies....

OP
OP
rocky raccoon

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys fixin to put pics up and yes i am 7 miles from the ocean and these marbles were 2 blocks from the river and the shooters and the mediums are real out of round,the peewees are perfectly round and i do not know what a commie is ??? this pic is of the shooter 1'' dia, med 1/2 dia, pw's 3/16 dia :help: hell i found so many,i used to have a collection of crown bags, 5th size,i was givin away saks of these,anyway i was sittin in lil bar down @ wrightsville bch and i was showin some of 'em to a buddy of mine and i had just found 'em,so this woman was sittin there and she says let me see 1,so i did and before i could say anything she put the dirty dang thang in her mouth and rolls it around,well hell me and dude lost it,he spit beer all over the bar and i laughed so damn hard i about fell off the stool, so she takes the thing out of her mouth and says nope it ain't a pearl,well we could'nt stop laughin,then she goes to hand me the slick thing back and i said hell you can keep that 1,,,,,,,had to tell that story

Attachments

• tims 012_crop.jpg
    tims 012_crop.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 472

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
are those spots on em???...they look to be enamaled to me.....there is a porcelin marble from england called a spotted dick.....could you send me some for a better evaluation....ill pay postage....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread