Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was hunting in South carolina and came across a jar of marbles in a bottle dump. There were 40 in a small glass jar. All of them are in good condition, and they came from an old man named grover. Grover died a few years back, and they bulldozed the shack he lived in. His old place was on a 400 acre piece of land we use for hunting. Not sure what I got as far as there age, and was not super excited when I got them.....but now I really like this find and and am excited to have gotten it. They are all beautiful and I never got a yellow marble before !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20230301_075511.jpg
20230301_075339.jpg
20230226_081819.jpg

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love marbles, but I find myself more curious to the story of this old man who lived in a shack who kept them all these years. Know anything else about Grovers story?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....I was hoping he may have had a cache of coins, and was looking pretty hard all around. So I asked and the story was he lived there for free, and watched and farmed the land. Its called Tennant farming, and at one point there was corn and melons and all sort of crops he grew. In return for no rent...Grover gave a potion of his crops to the land lord.....its similar to share cropping after the Civil War. But as grover got older the crops got less and less. So eventually we leased it to hunt on, and its well into planted pines now....not so many fields. So after grover died we had the place bull dozed and removed. I detected all over the grover site, and it's filled with trashy hits....grover liked Pepsi and the caps are every where๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚...Grover was poor, and the best I could muster was a questionable earring under the cloths line (that was still up). Here's a pic of the land from the hunting blind.๏ฟผ

Attachments

• 20230225_172027.jpg
    20230225_172027.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 50
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a cool trip and I was really prospecting for permission on the Civil War sites....we had fun metal detecting during the day, and hog hunting in the evening I got all kinds of permission but ddidn't get lucky enough to really get on any Civil War sites yet but were close for sure.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...to be honest I spilled them on the tile floor and WOW......these things went everywhere......just recovered the last one from under the fridge.....all 40 are accounted for !!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread